Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead kennedys warning

• 20-06-2002 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

If anyone's going to the DKs show on the 23rd just be warned if you dont know already (which you should if youre a fan) that Jello Biafra isn't playing, its some other guy called Brandon Cruz who was in a punk band called Dr. No ages ago (i think) and its 20euro which is a ripoff when jello aint playin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

In my humble opinion no Jello no Dead Kennedys.....

But then again it would be cool to hear some of the great songs live....it's not like they're over played....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Do not go to this gig.

Dead Kennedys wanted to sell ' Holiday in Cambodia ' for a Levis ad but jello said 'no way man', and then they sued Jello for his music and they won. This is when they sold out. I think Jello nows them money for legal costs (approx $300,000)

Now they are going aroung doing Jello's tunes and thinking that they are the ultimate in punk rock when they are really sellouts who robbed Jello's music

How do I know this? I was at Jello's spoken word gig a few months back. Jello speaks the truth.

Dead Kennedys are w.a.n.k.e.r.s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

right.

After all there is only one side to EVERY story and the guy who was sued is the best guy to give you a full unbiased report of that.

The fact that the bass player drives a DHL truck for a living while Jello was found guilty of not paying royalties that the rest of the band were due is totally irrelevant.

Granted Jello wrote most of the lyrics, but the music was a group thing (esp East Bay Ray).

I for one went to the gig and it was probably one of the best gigs I've ever seen. If any other gig comes near it this year I'd be surprised

Advertisement