Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blotooth & polar- TBMC Friday 28th June

• 20-06-2002 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

blotooth & polar are doing a double headliner show at the Temple Bar Music Centre on Friday the 28th of June....

skylight will be supporting

doors: 7.30pm

price: €8 at the door or €7 with a ticket/flyer

should be an excellent night so hope to see you's there!!!

www.polarofficial.com
    www.blotooth.com
    www.skylightofficial.com

if you'd like to test the water and see what polar are like before coming to see us... go to our site www.polarofficial.com head to the 'get our cd' page and we'll post you out a cd, for free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The lonely robot song seems like a bit of an afterthought tho.........

Nice site - not the easiest to navigate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

cant please everyone...come along on friday and you might enjoy robot a wee bit more ya never know

glad you liked the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I'm soooooooooooooo going...
    Aaaaaaaaaah my little ears are soooooooo looking forward to it.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaah Friday.............
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Me tooo! I got my stabilisers and my hard hat on in preparation *groan* :-D

Are you one too?

• Advertisement

Am I one what? *confused*

*Singing*

"yeah, I'm one, *(like one year old)*
    I've got my stabilizers & my hard hat on..."

There's also:
    "yeah, I'm wasted,
    I've got my stabilizers & my hard hat on..."

Lonely Robot hints of "Hey we just found out how to do mech voices" and slight comparisons with RadioHead and there afflication with a certain Hitchhikers robot.

Can`t make the gig, but will look out for Polar if they are ever near(Dundalk)maybe the guys maight do a tour of colleges.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

some good criticisms there.

i guess the voice thing could come across in that manner, (ie. we just came across this filter lets use it yay!!!) ... but it wasnt like that, we put alot of thought into whether to use it or not and eventually we decided it kinda got the message across better

also on the radiohead thing about a robot... our robot isnt an actual robot if ya get me

is the robot that radiohead have an affliction with out of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? is it a good book?... i have it here somewhere but i've never read it.

maybe we might do a tour of the colleges could be good... so if you fancy booking us in in dundalk give us a shout

Yeah Paranoid Android,

Another musical influence derived from HitchHikers is Level 42(the band) took there name from the answer to the universe.

Yeah Hitchhikers, tis a great read. Hopefully see you`s on the college trail for 2002/03

• Advertisement

Well, allmy thanks to the 3 bands, who gave me a wonderfull Friday night...

When's next?

Especially Blotooth who totally rocked the place! Where can I get their CD?

I guess Music Maker. I know, this is a bad tag, but hey 2 great bands are working there: Skyjack + Blotooth, so it can't be as bad as they say... :cool:

You'll find Dara (the bass player) at the counter usually, and Shaky (Drummer), downstairs, in the Drums dpt. (What a surprise!). They should able to help you...

Otherwise: http://www.ablotooth.homestead.com/

:D

Advertisement