Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA graphics problem.

Options
  • 21-06-2002 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

Ok my graphics on GTA3 look cack
    http://www.planetpc.ie/overclockers/gta3.jpg

Any ideas?
    I've tried tweaking it but to no avail or is this what it looks like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Eh?

Looks alright to me.

Perhaps it's the "trails" option that you have on and don't like - I can't really tell from the screengrab. You should knock them off, they kill your framerate.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

What?!?! the graphics are ment to look like that.
    The gases are pixialted and there's alot of jagged edges which break now and again.
    Q3 looks so much better and thats 4years old.
    Thank god its got good gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No pixelation on mine.. or rough edges... what card have to got? Is anti-aliasing turned on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

If you have a good machine higher the res maybe, and yes turn off those trails they are crap, but the screen shot looks ok - hope you have a decent machine and video card!

I got a XP1900 @ 1.73(XP2100)
    Creative GeForce 3 (not oc'd at the moment)
    1024Mb DDR
    SY-K7V DRAGON Plus!

So i think thats fairly suffcient.
    I have 2x AA on and disabled VSync.

Bah back to the insane tweaking again
    I can gett 8245 out of my machine on 3D Mark 2001SE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Make sure the trails are turned off (they are on by default, and slow the game down BIGTIME).

Also check here for troubleshooting advice:

GTA3 Forums

- Dave.

Nice spec PPC

It plays perfectly on my 650mhz athlon, Geforce 3 and 512mb sdram (pc100). Much lower spec than yours except for the graphics card.. so it must be some setting... What res are you on? I use 1024x768 @ 32bit and its pretty perfect. The screenshot you showed does not show anything wrong so i assume its only when moving in which case as others have said.. get rid if trails.. i dont even see the point in that option.

Wonder how it will play on my XP 2100 when i stick it back togother later... hmmm

I've tried them TMB. Cheers.

Saruman: I found out you have to push enter to apply th res :rolleyes:
    I turned trails off aswell.
    Made a small bit of a difference
    Im runnin 800*600*32 now

As was said before they should have made it for the PC and then dumbed it down for the PS2 instead of trying to up it for the PC.
    That came from the GTA Forums.

Yeah that pressing enter is a pain... no apply button to press... Anyway run it at 1024x768 and you will probably see a big difference

Oh yeah whats your os? Reports of graphical probs in XP and i think 2k also.... i only tried it in 98 and not in XP

Yeah i have XP. Its great for everything else.
    It only runs a little better with the higher res.
    I'll try some more tweaking when i get home on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm running the game in XP with no problems.

P3-1ghz, GeForce 3, 512mb RAM.
    800x600x32, I believe........

Game of the year so far for me..... its just so much fun to play (fun... there's a word not used too often in PC Gaming!!)

- Dave.

Wouldn't go that far.
    So far i think Q3:Fortress is absoloutly brilliant.
    I'm just rediscovering Q3 again.

Depends on the individual.. personally i hate Q3 with a vengence... i LOVE UT but Q3 just seems... well outdated.. terrible movement and horrible level design... dont know if Fortress is any better though...

Advertisement