Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 queries...

• 21-08-2001 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Folks,

Hope this is the right forum. I've got 2 queries.

Q1: What is the fastest ISP in Ireland? I heard it was 'Buy and Sell'(?)
    Q2: I'm trying to compile a list of server farms in Ireland for both corporate sector hosting and for a "bunch-of-lads-with-a-server" type hosting. Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Q1: I've tried the Free EircomNet, IOL(No Limits), Buy and Sell, and Unison,and the fastest ISP has always been Unison, with speeds even faster then 56K on a 56K modem, regardless of where you are in the country. Dont ask me how, I havent a clue.

Q2: No idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi,

I've tried quite a few, and oceanfree is the account of choice for me.
    It almost always answers 1st time, and the lowest connection i've got in 46600, usually its 48000.
    I've tried Esat, Eircom, but nevr tried UTV or BuyAndSell.

Does anyone have the access no's for UTV or buyandsell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Almurph

I was talking to this guy a while ago. He's gone now but he swore that 'B&S' was the fastest and he gave a pretty good reason why this was so. I wish I had listened more but it was something to do with the data pipe that they were using. It connected directly to the ring around the UK or something like that. Damn, I wish I had paid more attention. His logic sounded very valid.

Al.
    The forgetful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

I've tried most of them esat/eircom/B&S etc. and found eircom to be the fastest in my area (061) but it depends on the time of day among other things and the problems are often at the client end, bad phone lines and/or modem etc.

Just try them all and see which one works for you.

Advertisement