Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Problem please help...

• 21-06-2002 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Recently I wiped my hard drive, and reinstalled win 98se.
    Now before hand I decided to backup all my mp3s using the CD-R media. I selected them all and it wrote perfectly, now in my fresh install of windows when I put in the CD-R, it read fine but when i comes up only half my mp3 files are visable, as if some of them never got written, but when i copy the cd contents to my hard drive I see all the mp3s that i cant see on my cd-r get copied to the hard dirve, and even when I go to my hard drive directory where I put them I still can only see some of them, now the strange thing is when I click on the directories properties to where I copied them to in my hard drive it reads "120 files" or what ever (the proper amount) but there not shown?? I do this also with the cd-r later and same thing, in properties it says there all there but there not??? Please help to loose all my music would suck big time.

Thanks.

-adren-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Are they hidden?
    Go to tools -> folder options -> view
    Then click on show all file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

God Im think and your a saint :)

Thanks Hackta

Advertisement