Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne PS2..

Options
  • 21-06-2002 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Is Max Payne any good for the PS2.
    the reason i'm asking is my local xtravision store are doing a special deal where you can buy 2 PS2 games (from a certain selection) for €60 or €35 each.

i heard it is a pretty decent game on the PC but is a bit short. what is the PS2 version like?
    was it a good conversion?

if i get a good response i will buy it after work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Buy it ,you will like it and it is a bit short but arent all games these days :(
    you can always trade it in :)
    kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

best game I played on the PC last year..

Its not that long, but it has about 20 hours of gameplay I'd say(assuming you dont playat easy and cheat!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    best game I played on the PC last year..

Its not that long, but it has about 20 hours of gameplay I'd say(assuming you dont playat easy and cheat!)

dont cheat in games or set them on easy ever, always complete games on default level first. then maybe throw in a few cheats :D

thanks for your views guys...
    prob get it after work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

took me 20 hours on hard to complete the Office level, 19 of which with the
    damn helicopter
    heheh
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I cant stress enough how ****ty the game is.I had it but returned it.The worst thing about it is that there are these films that are outloining the storyline.Most last for at least 3 minutes.And you cant skip them in any way!Every ****ing time you play the game you have to sit through the same film!!!!The gameplay itself isnt the worst but the delay with those films would kill you.If you want good shootup games try GTA3.Its the best game ive ever played.Compelling,cant put it down type of game.At the mo im playing it for perhaps 6 hours a day.Thats alot considering that when im off school im asleep 12 plus hours a day.Its like a drug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

One Trick Pony.

And while the bullet time may be a very nice trick for a pony to have, after jumping headfirst into a room packed with some of the least intelligent henchmen this side of <insert example of really, really, really stupid henchmen> for the hundreth time, the novelty wears off. And sure, there's some diversity, but having to find a path through a burning building by trial and error isn't fun.

My advice? Download the demo. Play it for seven hours. That's Max Payne. Or, if you really must, rent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

brilliant game on pc, must have completed it at least 5 times, looks great with a decent graphics card.

I got it free with my ps2, its not as good as the pc version for a couple of reasons awkward controls compared to the mouse and keyboard, they cut out somethings to make it run smoother,(not much though just some rooms) graphics aint as good as pc/xbox, but saying that if you cant get access to the pc version buy it for the ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

It's ok but it pissed me off for ages.

Advertisement