Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You know you've been on boards.ie a long time...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    This is were colour blindness fails me............Wan Daltons diesease!!

As a matter of fact I am colour blind, but in such a way that quick glances at objects might appear a different colour, however when I study an object for a long time the true colours come through. I revoke my avatar statement on those grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

..when you start calling people you know on boards by their user name in real life.

I hate it when i do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

when you start calling people you know on boards by their user name in real life.

I have often done that. I think it's better reffering to computer heads by their alias in real life. My alias is the same everywhere I go online, and it's the only alternative name I would use to describe myself.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by smiles

Yup, bloody hell thats annoying, i mean there should be a "my avatar only" option :) There's a money maker for ya.

<< Fio >>

yeah, you stole musicians avatar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

ever say "LOL!" instead of actually laughing? oooh I'll never forget the phone convo..

"Hey, owen, jason went off and got beat up by the kennedys because he spat on their little sister!"
    "LOL!!"
    "what?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

when you do something stupid at work and think of what your going to say to dev in the apology pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

you know you have been on boards when.....

....When all your mates IRL read/post to boards..
    ....When you get people in work t post to it..
    ....When you use FFS IRL....but its ok during a boards drinks right?
    ....When you Meet a girl on something relating to the boards and date her for a bit...

and last but not least.......

...When Kharn, Shinji and Bubbles are normal to you.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

yeah, you stole musicians avatar

Who's musician? I'm sorry to him then

Did i steal it? or did i just choose it at the same time, i was away hiding on CTYI forum when the avatars came in and i picked this one.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

hehe you know when u have been here a long time when you have to rewrite most of your thesis and get rid of some of the following words / phrases

u
    np
    thanx (big problem)
    and many many more

and the worst problem is that your damn word 2000 spellchekc already sees alll these words as being normal

dagnammit

:-P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

...when you're accustomed to saying "LOL!!!!11!" without actually laughing, let alone out loud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

when ur getting counceling to try and kick the boards habbit ....

dev u and cloud have ruined my life u shall be hearing from my solictor

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Clain

You can't fool me, I've met you, you cuddly bundle you.;)

you actually remember Clain???? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by smiles

Who's musician? I'm sorry to him then

Did i steal it? or did i just choose it at the same time, i was away hiding on CTYI forum when the avatars came in and i picked this one.

<< Fio >>

no, i just spent the first six weeks thinking muso had turned into a gurl, coz i rarely look at the names, just the avatars

Advertisement