Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perspective on flat rate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

err

that offer applies to the UK maybe the ...
    To qualify for this account you must have a BT phone line

err this was posted why ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

err this was posted why ??

Clarification and expectation of flat rate 24/7.
    I should`nt realy have to say this as im sure most people already know..

1) People got cut off NOLIMITS for over usage and said Why?

2) People are looking forward to flat rate dialup 24/7 and expecting as stated.

Point 2 obviously is clarified on clara`s web page which informs you that although its flat rate 24/7 product its not an always connected deal as alot of people took nolimits as being..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    1) People got cut off NOLIMITS for over usage and said Why?

The thing is, BoneCollector, there was nothing said about over-usage, the "spirit of the service" or anything about there being a limit on how much time you could spend online in the No Limits terms and conditions. That's why people were so angry and were asking "Why?" when they were cut off. If these things had been pointed out beforehand in the T&C's I'm sure people would have stuck to a limit or made sure they weren't treating it as an always on connection and there would have been no confusion or "Why's" when people were cut off. If these things had been laid out in the T&C's and people didn't respect them they could say, "Okay, fair enough, I deserve to be cut off," but Esat didn't say anything in the No Limits T&C's, therefore people had every right to feel hard done by by Esat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

aidan, how many people have been cut off from nolimits, do you think?
    i have a nolimits account and use it a lot, and am wondering how much time do they consider an abuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Esat dont kick people from the service now but are only planning on suffering along with Nolimits for a very short period more.
    Unless we see an attitude change from €ircon or Esat develop some ball$, i doubt Nolimits will survive the winter cold.

• Advertisement

Well, I'm also a No Limits customer who got "the letter" but I rang them up and ate the $hit out of them and they agreed to let me stay on it, probably because the guy I was talking to just wanted to get rid of me off the line and stop me screaming at him! lol.

But I agree with chernobyl on this one. I think the end is nigh for No Limits unless Esat can sort out some sort of FRIACO/flat-rate interconnection offering with Eircom and, from the looks of things, that's not going to happen. In fact, I'm surprised No Limits has even managed to last as long as it has. I think after all the bad publicity Esat got from cutting off 2,000 users last year (or threatening to cut them off) and the promises from the disconnectees never to use an Esat service again, they are probably worried about what would happen if they cut off the remaining 18,000 users. That would be 18,000 very angry No Limits customers melting down Esat's switchboard with complaints and who would probably never use an Esat service again themselves. And let's face it, the way things are going for Esat they can't afford to be loosing customers, can they?

However, I still feel they will chop No Limits soon. In fact, given everything that's happened with No Limits you think Esat would be giving it top priority in trying to sort out a FRIACO deal with Eircom to keep it going and make it a profitable service or even put in the request to the ODTR to intervene in the whole FRIACO thing. They haven't, however, and I'm convinced now that Esat and Eircom are in collusion together to try and milk the per-minute dial-up pricing model as much as they can and have no interest whatsoever in getting flat-rate up and running in this country. This would mean the death knell for No Limits soon, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

dont say that, i hope they forget about nolimits and leave it on for a few years, if they do close i am rightly screwed, well, like everyone else, and what do i do then? wait for eircom DSL that seems to be only available if you live next door to an exchange, will cost 5 times what i pay now, and have a stupid cap that i can hit using my 56k connection, blah i hate eircom ba$tards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

bah, esat lied to me and told me they'd be charging £3/hour from now on, just to get me to leave the service...bastards.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

God, it would be terrible if No Limits were to stop. NoLimits is the only reason Esat is our telephone service provider. Per-minute dialup is a joke. And I don't think I will ever see DSL where I live the way things are going despite being close to my local exchange.:mad:

Originally posted by Tizlox
    bah, esat lied to me and told me they'd be charging £3/hour from now on, just to get me to leave the service...bastards.

If they lied to you to get you to leave the service, especially telling you they'd be charging you £3 an hour for what would actually only be 60p an hour (I presume we're talking off-peak prices here), I think there could be a fair case there for taking them to court. Maybe there isn't and somebody else would know more about the legal side than I do but misinformation like that is surely wrong and there must be some sort of comeback for you against them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement