Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom advertising net access at 59c per day

Options
  • 21-06-2002 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom advertising net access at 59c per day*

*Does not include call charges

Is this suitable material to refer to the ASAI? (Source: Irish Independant, 21 June 2002, page 1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

it would`nt hurt to try..
    They do reply directly by post.

I have already made several attempts of complaining about eircoms adverts definition of "flat rate"

I did get a response saying they would persue the matter, this was after they rejected it the 1st time round.

I should also add, i have also send mails to gov dpts and monoplies commission.. so...
    anyway if anyone else wants to complain.. THE MORE THE BETTER!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Note the difference between a car and petrol.

It is exactly the same as saying....for example..... about a car

"Complete running costs €10 Euros a day"

(does not include petrol)

when what they mean is that the car will cost €10 a day to finance but will cost extra money when you drive it away.

Naturally a car with no petrol (or diesel/methanol/gas as a substitute) is no good for its intended purpose which is to get from point a to point b.

As it is impossible to get on the internet without making a call the product does not do what is stated...give you the Internet for 59c a day

....unless they are bringing in FRIACO at 59c a day and 'testing' the market in advance......... I must be subliminally thinking of a Carlsberg in the pub tonite.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Stupid boy asks: if call charges aren't included, what the hell is costing 59c per day?

17.70 per month/215.35 per year gets me what exactly?

The phone line?

(if so I'm surprised they're not adding: "unlimited calls to dirty-talking Swedish masseuses (does not include call charges)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

no its isdn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by sceptre
    Stupid boy asks: if call charges aren't included, what the hell is costing 59c per day?...

If I remember correctly, the 59c actually refers to the difference per day in monthly rental between surfing on a bog-standard phone line and a "Hi-speed" (or was it ISDN?...Are they the same???) line.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Victor
    Eircom advertising net access at 59c per day*

*Does not include call charges

Is this suitable material to refer to the ASAI? (Source: Irish Independant, 21 June 2002, page 1)

No. What part of "Does not include call charges" do you not understand?

Im assuming that the call charges bit was included in the fine print.

However, if you want to complain about false advertising, by all means go to www.asai.ie and use thier on-line form to complain about the usage of the term 'Flat Rate' in the i-stream advertising. No matter how much fine print there is, the words Flat Rate are deliberaltly misleading.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement