Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save meh brother!!

• 21-06-2002 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Buddest monk just came into me in work and handed me two books and mumbled some crap about how they make the books themselves blah blah blah.

I said I wasn't really interested, not really my 'thing' but he said "we don't charge for the books but merely ask for a donation towards our religion". Grand says I and handed him a tenner and sat down with the books.

After a short silence I looked back and asked "is that ok?" with a forced smile and a look of bewilderment he nodded and picked up his stack of books n left.

Well I think its safe to say I'm coming back as a "lower animal"... ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I said I wasn't really interested, not really my 'thing' but he said "we don't charge for the books but merely ask for a donation towards our religion". Grand says I and handed him a tenner and sat down with the books.

Interesting that you say it's not your thing when you obviously have no idea what it's about :).
    Well I think its safe to say I'm coming back as a "lower animal"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Like a goat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nah, prob as a galwegian
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm told (by them who know) that coming back as a lower animal is a good thing - as you travel down the food pyramid:) you don't have to deal with karma.

So coming back as an ant is a good thing - coming back as an azezil (or an amp:D) is not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't think he was expecting more... in fact I'd say he was probably surprised to get as much as a tenner from you!

I had the same experience last year, - except that for me, the buddhist fellah suggested a donation of 50p or so for the book!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

My point is that the concept of "moving down the food-chain" to be re-incarnated as a "lesser animal" is a Hindu one.

Buddhism is more concerned with achieving spiritual enlightenment than moving up or down in class when re-incarnated, and although some buddhists believe in re-incarnation it's not the same idea as moving up or down in caste, that's hinduism. There aren't any strict castes set up or any rules for moving up or down caste in buddhism.

I don't think you read his actions correctly, I'd agree with bard in that he was probably surprised to get so much, but getting annoyed about only getting a tenner wouldn't be very buddhist of him.

To be honest, I don't think you gave the guy a chance. You saw he was coming on the part of some religion or other and it changed the way you saw him and his actions. Not all religious organisations are like the Jehovah's witnesses or Scientologists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

WTF AZEZIL!!! U GAVE TO CHARITY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i dont get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

this topic has degraded into spam...

It ends now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement