Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead board

• 21-06-2002 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Got a new board and chip from komplett today, abit VH6T and a celeron 1.3.

Got set up fine, got everything plugged in and then nothing, not even a kick out of her. Its using a 300w psu that was running my old system fine (older celeron and older board - infact using it now)

When i moved the old parts back into it the psu works fine so im absolutly stumped.

Thought the board and chip were dead but got them almost running once, had no video plugged in, so i turned off the computer and put in my card and nothing, so removed the card and tryed again and nothing.

Anyone help ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Try removing the cmos battery, reseat cpu and ram. Now try and boot(without cmos battery). Should be something goin on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Had same prob with ECS v7kza last year.
    Everything was in right nothing out of place got no beeps nothing not a kick.
    The light for RAm would come on thats it then just sat thee.
    Turns out it was a fubared mobo.
    Got barred from Maplin over that piece of junk.
    Best thing is to return it.
    Kdja

Advertisement