Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help the WWE... NOW!!!!!!!

• 21-06-2002 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

The WWE has lost Austin....
    The stories are poo...
    The hard workers are not being noticed...

What do you think the logical course of action would be? Here are some ideas, choose one please. Plus, there have been rumers that WWE have fired some script writers after Vengence, and since it illegal (dont ask me why) for the WWE writers to get ideas from the public , the writers are looking at news letters, forums and fan fiction all over the globe to see what fans want. Who knows?

Just post and help the Save the WWE before it crash and burns, fund! Just vote for one of the above!!!

Hanza
    And thats why they call me the Heretic!

What should they do? 22 votes

Get back Mick Foley?
    0% 0 votes
    Give Matt Hardy the Undisputed title?
    31% 7 votes
    Get rid of Test's new music and bring back the old one :)
    4% 1 vote
    Get Shawn Micheals to Wrestle again?
    0% 0 votes
    Introduce more stipulations?
    9% 2 votes
    Get rid of Hogan?
    9% 2 votes
    Give RVD the title?
    18% 4 votes
    Get rid rid of some titles (to increase the importance of those left)
    13% 3 votes
    Make the Hardy Boys Heals?
    13% 3 votes
    Improve the Hardcore league, get rid of 24/7?
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Some very good points in that poll but unfortunately only able to vote once so my vote goes to bring back mick! I know he wouldnt be every stone cold fans choice but I think it would go along way to even things back! Saving the WWE and improving would involve a number of those suggestions, apart from bring back mick for a year or two another good thing would be to involve much more stipulations into the regular shows but especially the PPVs. The reformation of Edge & christian, the Dudley Boys and the continuation of the Hardy Boys could also help towards changing things for the better, roll on TLC4+. RVD and Lance Storm would make a great tag team also methinks. As for the Hardcore title yes it should be kept and yes the 24/7 rule should be abolished, bring back the days of the 20minute+ hardcore title matchs. Smackdown deserves a facelift at this stage (new style arena, all-new graphics etc just like they did to RAW). Im not sure about reducing the amount of titles but maybe a pay per view or two should be dropped. Having 12 a year with just 3 or 4 weeks to build up to each PPV is just too many and too short time to make it a great PPV where the majority of the matchs get arranged in the last days before each event. 8 PPVs is enough I reckon. Oh and yeh it was great to see Hogan back for a month or two but now fek they've really dragged this one out, he can barely fekin move at this stage and skin is sagged to bits wrinkled like some old ladies boot leather. Its just not funny anymore, surely they cant keep the old fart going much longer can they? Oh and while im at it, the wwe commentry also deserves some critism,watch a ECW DVD and you know what im talking about! the ECW commentator was really good, he should be hired by the wwe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

tell you what we should do, we should burn vinces empire to the ground and piss on the ashes, then we should go out and get some APW, CZW, Japanese an Mexican Tapes and watch some fecking WRESTLING not Sports entertainment. think about it with all the problems wwe have been having they are going to have to let a load of workers and you know its going to be some of the ecw lads so they should up back in the indys, and that will help promote some good promotions.
    wwe are that desperate they have hired vince Russo for gods sake!
    Die Vince Die:D

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

Yeah its starting to go down the tubes now. They should give some of the younger wrestlers a major push. Look at the matches with the older ones,most of them consist of punches, slaps, kicks, the odd clothesline and someones finisher. They've taken a lot of the entertainment out of sports entertainment. Then look at some of the younger guys fighting, the difference in the array of moves, a lot more high flying and crowd pleasing.
    They also need to develop some good characters. I'm sick of everyone going for the 'Badass' type character.

And, Hanza, is it really illegal for them to use storylines sent to them? I thought they just didn't because if they did there'd be trouble with people looking for royalties and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Thats why its illegal, ppl will be looking for money. Some kids were fined and taken to court a few years ago because they sent in a tape of back yards and cut their own promos and stuff, they were in big trouble.

They are too corperate. Thats the down side to Capatilism, propaganda.... Im all for the ''American way'' but not in the form of a dollar!!!

Hanza
    And thats why they call me the Heretic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

more stipulations because i love them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

I think the return of Russo will shake things up a lot(assuming they give him a chance). Interesting to see how long he and Hogan last together.
    I'd agree with making the hardcore title more "hardcore" and not just mean an ordinary match with mid-carders filling the ring with crap.
    If they are intent on sticking with the raw/smackdown split, then elevating the european title to the same level as the i.c. title, so both shows have a high profile belt, putting it on someone like jericho to add prestige.
    Using the highly talented workers properly, Angle and Jericho have been established as stars but both seem to be slipping further and further down the pecking order.
    Pushing their light-heavyweights, maybe even a light-heavy tag title, to increase exposure.
    Back to the subject of Hogan, yeah it was great to see him back and everything, but they have to start limiting his appearances, to have him on TV every week is just awful.
    The tag team division might as well be disbanded as it is now, wasting talents like Edge+christian, The Dudleys, even the Hardys. As someone said already, it at least should be an avenue to promote the lesser over talent Storm being the very good example. Again this is where the "roster split" bothers me, the tag titles should be available to both shows.
    To sum up my ramblings, I'd say if they are serious about reviving it, they should revert to a more informal roster split, where there is more flexibility to appear on both shows. Much easier to build up a good feud in the action happens on both shows. An example, raw goes off air with mass brawl, smackdown comes on with someone challenging after what happened, instead there is a week gap between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Make the whole thing a lot more ECW-ish, I think. Those ECW guys were putting their asses on the line big time, for a fraction of the cash the WWE guys are getting. Bring back Barbed wire, flaming tables and scaffold matches. Hire Bill Goldberg. Get rid of Hogan, pleeeeeeeaaaassssseeeee!!!! Introduce some sort of viewable League table for the whole thing and then have the 1st and 2nd place guys wrestle for a shot at the undisputed title holders belt at each PPV. Bring in some asian talent maybe? Make some mix-and-match tag teams perhaps ' something like RVD/Lesnar, Edge/Rock etc etc etc.
    Just make it a bit more risque, and less punches and forearms, more actual moves would be cool.

No non nonon , you seem to have WWE confused with Wrestling, its not, its sports entertainment. in 10 years WWE will be called World Entertainment Inc or something and it will be like brookside, there will be no ring and we will have fueds with a crap fist fight in an alley or something. Its going that way at the moment.
    Ok look at it, its a TV show its not wrestling, Every match has to run through a man called a "Road Agent" who will tell them , move for move what to do and how to end the match and what to do after the match, Its becoming a promotion of Stuntmen because they arent actually wrestling anymore well not much anyway.
    You knowwhy everyone want s to go to the WWE?? its the fact that they can relax a little stop with the mad bumping and the crazy matches they can relax a little, yeah the touring is heavy and the money aint great but its more exposure for less.
    In promotions like, Ring Of Honor, Combat Zone Wrestling and ECW of old, wrestlers were given free reign over there matched, and worked their arses off to please the crowd, sure a lot of matches now are just big Spot Fests but a least its entertainment id rather see a Red V Ruckus match than an Austin V Hogan one.
    The WWE doesnt need saving it needs to be brought back down to earth , I dont want to see Steph whining, i want to see Low Ki Vs Christopher Daniels or Justice Pain Vs Lobo you know what i mean. I know we all feel a partnership with WWE cause we have been watching it since we were kids but, when WWE start squashing legends like Tommy Dreamer in a 2 minute match with taker you know things are bad.
    "Tommy Dreamer didnt tap once in 8 years with ECW, but by god taker has him tapping out today" JR.
    F U C K You McMahon:)

Bomb

I say KOTR was the WWE!!!

I know that sounds weird, but I also think u know what I mean! It makes me sick that WWE crush what was pure and amazing in its day and cos it isnt pretty they get rid of it! Hogan... we shouldnt get rid of Hogan, He is passed all that now. KILL the mother fcuker. lance storm is a lil' erren boy, and eveyone walks arond with there fingers up each others asses, licking there D***s and it makes me sick to actually see talent lowered to the statius of poo....

But...

When I think of WWE, I say ''GET THE E OUT!'' WWF was and in many ways still for me is the memories that I have withnessesd and have been told about. I'll never forget Mick Foley, not going off the cell, but holding his title with a tear in his eye. I'll always remember how Shawn Michaels Held his belt at Wrestle Mania 12 and showed he was thankful for all he had put him self through... Bret winning at WM10, Royal Rumble 1995, the Trianlgle ladder match Swamton bomb, and even Trishs debut on Smackdown in 2000.

These memories of what greatness once were are not lost, and I will sit through Sh1tty pay per view after sh1tty Pay per view waiting....

...For the next Memory!!!

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Tell you whats great though, Ultimate fighting championship. Sky Sports 1, Thursday night, 10am until Midnight. Satisfies all my violent cravings.

• Advertisement

Hanza i used to say that, if you go to my old site one of the old columns had a big speil about sticking with wwf, but i was wrong.
    You are better off remembering your good memories cause current wwe tv will melt them right out of your head. Vince isnt wrestling promoter anymore hes a TV producer, he is holding down other promoters and stealing their talent , he'll take the greatest wrestler in the world and make them a bin man or a ****in clown or something, wwf will be like brookside in a few years, no ring no wrestlers just male orientated soap opera.

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

WWE went to the dogs ever since ecw was forced off the air and when wcw was bought.
    Competition is everything and since its bought theres no standards to be maintained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Andre the Giant would turn in his grave if he saw the kind of rubbish that was going on..now when he was around..that was wrestling :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Personally what I would do would be to cut back the stupid 10 minute promo's given to guys like Triple Homo and the Undertaker. I would also make the top carders more 'fallible' so it would become feasable for midcarders to actually beat them. The problem with WWE (despite the terrible writing and angles) is that a 'firm' of four or so guys basically control the main event in the card and there is only so many combinations you can make out of that. It's all very well to say 'push new talent' but even when they tried this with YsoGay last year the marks never bought into it.

Another thing that could be done would be to give the cruiserweights more profile. Thanks to vince it's pretty much established that highflyers like Hurricane never beat big guys like Test-icle even though David and Goliath matches would really re-ignite the public interest. I feel something like thishas to be done otherwise these talented wresters will continue to get lost to 'reject' shows like heat. Face facts, two highflyers in a match is great for fans who like the technical stuff but marks never buy into it.

Finally, get rid of all the T&A angles and the Vince 'dirty old man' McMahon storylines. They don't seem to be serving any purpose other than to attract perverts to the show. But then again I'm guessing the ratings is all WWE care about and the actual product takes second place.

The WWE doesnt need saving, it needs to be put down. I hate to take a quote from Satan but its time the WWE was injected with "a lethal dose of poison!"

But it has to be done! But when you think about it, it already has to be done. Hogan, HHH, Undertaker,Planet F u c king Stasiac. So much homosexuality is clouding a once pure picture of enjoyment. oh the days of projectlie men named mick, 19000 screaming suCK IT! A goth the intraguged us all, that now listens to Limp bizkit and over stayed his welcome. And to top it all off, a symbol of America during the 80s, propaganda that was said to aid the Cold war, a person that inspired millions of dreaming children of the last generation ... and returned to plague our generation!!!

WHY?

I emplore all to watch the RAW match next week tho. Pray that Jeff wins, and then you may all turn away and leave the WWE in your wake. But "I" need jeff to win!!!

Hanza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I hope Jeff wins but i dont think he will, we'll wait and see.
    Hardys never seem to win anything anymore:(

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Right they really need to bring Back Mick Foley!!! When this happens Foley will bring in all the street fights and table matchs!!! It was exciting when Mick was in charge!! nearly every match was different!! it was cool!! every1 agreed!!

Also they need to rethink their strategy of Tag Teams!! Like Billy and Chuck have been champs for far too long!! and wats the story with rico!! but they dont seem to be too worried bout the Tag Titles... this was evidential in KOFR when there was no match!! surely Matt & Jeff would have played if required!! but when the list for each show was made the tag teams should have been exempt from this as it was an interesting championship with the Dudleys, Hardys, Gays(Billy & Chuck) and APA!!!!

Also i agree that there is too many PPV!!! but whatever happened to the Survior Series!!! that used to be my favourite PPV!! to get all the teams joined together and eliminate each person 1 by 1!! it was cool!!!

Hogan also should have been let go when he said he wanted to retire!! that would have been the perfect send off!! he had just lost the title!! but no!! AMERICANS!!! Also the whole Angle hair thing was blown totally out of proportion!!

All i say is the Hardys need to be brought back into it more and BRING BACK MICK FOLEY....... AND LEX LUGER(HAHA!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

One major flaw as I see it is the way in which the wwe, and more specifically vince, continues to push events with a single major attraction – this simply does not work on a mid to long term basis as a) not all people want the same thing and b) it becomes boring for even the biggest fan of a talent to see them yet again in the main event, going through the same motions and fighting the same opponent for the same reason

– a lesson to be learnt – which vince seems to have not yet learnt would be wm 18 – it was sold on a single attraction which – I must admit I was intrigued by, if not taken in by. – wm 18 was, By the wwe themselves, somewhat of a disappointment in ppv buys – and why did it attract less than 16 and 17? – well, one of the major reasons was that it was pushed as a one match event – the card had no dept to it, the title match was not only relegated to side attraction status, but made a joke of by the writing in the final few weeks – this damaged the title greatly and has yet to regain its proper status (not helped by short title reigns and on the fly booking – compare this to late 90’s when wm main events were planned up to, and in some cases in excess of a year ahead!) also, many of the matches which could have captured the publics imagination had no build up and had no reason to be on the card except to fill the four hours – despite what maybe a public conception of a wrestling fan as an uneducated, working class slob, just about every fan that I have talked to are quite intelligent and really hate having that intelligence insulted by the wwe with moronic storylines - j.r. can yell all he wants about how great a match or a story line is, but if it sucks, it sucks and no one can fool us into believing otherwise

Another huge own goal is the cruiserweight division – with, six/seven hours of original tv time to fill per week not including ppvs, they still hardly devote time to this division, regardless of what bull**** j.r. comes out with on his report, the division is not taken seriously by the wwe and its very hard for fans to take it seriously when its so lacking in talent – and just think of all those let go in the past few months or those still in ovw and hwa – with the tiny pool of performers, all we get is the same formula – a new person arrives, then almost immediately takes the title and looses it after doing the rounds to a caretaker established cruiserweight until the next new face arrives – I would rather not see cruiserweights if that’s all we will see of them than this formulaic misuse of legitimate talents like kidman, tajiri, helms et all

its easy to bash the wwe and, sure , i dont have all the solutions but im not quite giving up yet - maybe thats more down to the lack of an alternative and maybe its cause i grew up with the wwf since 87 but i get angry 'cause i still care

Advertisement