Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Tool Song

Options
  • 21-06-2002 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

As I was listening to "Undertow", I began to wondering what would be the top Tool track amongst the boarders....mine has to be "Disgustipated" off "Undertow" or perhaps "the Grudge" from Lateralus....

Your suggestions please....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

PRISON SEX!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Me being into the heavier **** and all... I'd have to go for Stinkfist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I dont usually listen to tool,but '46 and 2' is probably my fave of what ive heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

It is almost impossible to pick one but at the moment it has to be "Jimmy", maynards scream still gives me the shivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

"Stinkfest" is a really good choice....and when I think about it I should have included "H" off "Ænima"....

Even though to a certain extent, its Tool albums as a whole that matter.....

They're stuff seems to work better when taken as a whole....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

without a doubt it HAS to be PuShit off Ænima

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Flood from 'Undertow'

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

not rilly a song per se, but die eier von satan just rocks!

.....und KEINE EIER.........

Speaking of "Pu****"....did anyone hear the version off Salival (I think it's their live album)?

I swear to God it's excelent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

dont be silly, there is no one tool song that could possibly be rated above any other.

they just simply dont have a bad tune

• Advertisement

either "prison sex" , "H" or "The Patient"
    their cover of Led Zeps "No Quarter" is fukin deadly aswell :D

Originally posted by deco
    Speaking of "Pu****"....did anyone hear the version off Salival (I think it's their live album)?

I swear to God it's excelent....

yup have the CD/DVD..have to say it'q quite an amazing version of PuShit

the DVD has all the video's and the cd has some live stuff/covers(No Quater by Led Zeppelin:))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

46&2 but once again it's hard to call

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

sober

The best version of sober was...

"Recorded live at 'Jan-Douwe Kroeske's
    2 Meter Sessie' for VARA Radio, NOB Audiostudio 1, Hilversum, The Netherlands,
    5 March 1994"

and you can get it @ http://www.deadohiosky.net/
    gud oul site that...

"I am just a worthless liar...".

I'd kill for that DVD.....

And speaking of cover versions..I've heard they have a cover version of a Pink Floyd song...

And as for their Led Zepplin cover....excellent...manages to be true to the orignal and yet sound like a Tool song....quite an achievement:)

yeah they covered "comfortably numb" , it sounded **** all like the original , with Maynard not actually singing the words just doing a type of melody , it was very short aswell like 2 minutes while the original is 6minutes long.

Have any of you heard the song they performed live with Tori Amos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

'Stinkfist', brings back a happy memory :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

love tool, tool is great...love tool, tool is awesome, love tool, tool is the best!

since I love all of tools music I will pick my current favorite toon by them....schism.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

I'd agree with Deco.

Pu**** of Salival, followed by Parabola.

Yep I think the song your thinking of is "Muhammad My Friend" from "Boys From Pele" that they did together for MTV Unplugged....completely amazing....
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like "schism". Manky video :)

the parabol/parabola video is something else :)

best song is the patient though(it's SUCH a hard choice though.a new favourite every day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

I don't really know any Tool songs but I once heard a scary monologue (in an American Italian voice) where the guy is whispering "F*ck you, I hope your family gets cancer".. etc) with a piano plinking away in the backround. Is that Tool or am I really way off the mark here...?

It was on Triple J in Australia and I'm nearly sure she said it was Tool.
    They are massive in Oz...

that was off Ænima and was called Message To Harry Manback!
    it's more a track than a song(BTW tool's music is nothing like this :confused: )

True but they do have a similar song on "Lateralus"...Faap de Osiad...just this guy taking about aliens....

very cool....adds a good bit of atmosphere

Advertisement