Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do u reckon to this spec/price?

• 22-08-2001 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭

Thats a great price,
    Is it a good branded, reliable and well supported machine.

Thats the key. You'll always pay more for Toshiba's/IBM's than the ?brand laptops.

But if you need to see drivers/accessories/tech support etc your sorted.

"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt unless you're on a team. Well I'm better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I …I can't compete with that stuff."
    -Moe Szyslak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i'v been priceing laptops recently, n for that spec oh hell yeah!

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

if you are looking for a laptop/notebook i recommend this months pc plus. got a review of about 10 different machines smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

piii 1k
    256mb
    20gb h/d
    6x dvd
    10/100 nic
    14.1 tft @1024x768
    16mb sis630/730
    winme

btw its a laptop
    1,460.30 IEP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Why does that seem like my Lap top with a bit extra ram Is it and Advent 6412 DVD???

If it is its a nice Lappie. The video card is fine but the ram is Shared so you can give up to half your system ram 128MB in your case. The NIC/Video/Sound cards are all supported under Linux but you have to do a bit of messing to get x working. There is also a IR port. I've been watching DVD's on my one and I can honestly see their sweet (I just pump it out to my 17" monitor) I paid 1500 for mine but I only had 128 RAM in it and that was new.

The only thing I could complain about is the mouse buttons under the touchpad they seem a bit to clicky and to resistent for my liking but I'm sure time will sort that smile.gif.

Any if it is an Advent I can say their well good even if they are a PC World/Dixons/Currys own brand.

kayos

Advertisement