Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with zip drive

• 21-08-2001 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I have work on a 100meg Iomega zip disk, and the zip drive im using is failing to read it saying that it cant read the media. All is on it is some sourde code (C++) some notes and some mp3s. Is it the driver ? will I just leave it and find another driver??

hertz :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Is the drive making a dodgy clicking noise? If it is, ring Iomega and they'll replace the drive and disk. I used to work for them so I know the score with their shíte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i had that problem as well on NT. what OS are you using?

your Dungeon Is Full Of Yoghurt.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spinnar2k

go to www.grc.com and get click of death and see if the drive is still working or not, mine worked fine until I sold it but they are not worth the hassle I reckon, get a cdr drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

I've had weeks of horror with a zipper on a friend's Sinkpad - couldn't get it to recognise it under any circumstances. Finally Iomega were telling me to remark the whatsitsname, the, you know, that thing you don't go near? Sysedit, that's the one. At that stage I shivered and backed away.

or try using guest95 (?)
    AMP knows more about it than i do, but he swears by it. the problems i had under nt was that the service would keep not installing.
    i do know however that there are patches on a few websites for this problem, so there might be one for whatever OS you are using, i got mine form gateway support site.
    the drive itself is probably ok, and the media is probably fine too, just crappy drivers. and the iomega software itself is really shi77y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

that grc.com site is a bunch of árse. If it's clicking Iomega will replace it, in or out of warranty... the 100mb parallel is a wicked drive, bit slow but it's the best product Iomega have. If it's 95/98 you're using d/l ioware9xdr.exe from ftp.iomega.com/pub/english and install and that's all you need. Make sure your parallel port is set to EPP in your BIOS and don't have any switchboxes or printers chained through it. Or... have you tried another disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

Well I was using nt at the time, no dirty clicking sounds just an error, can not read media or something.

Il try another zip drive, it was the only one around so it was probably over used.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hertz:
    Well I was using nt at the time, no dirty clicking sounds just an error, can not read media or something.

Il try another zip drive, it was the only one around so it was probably over used.
    </font>

ok. just go into services and start the zip drive.
    simple as that.
    thank you very much mr washman.....

Advertisement