Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uplink

Options
  • 22-06-2002 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Forgive me if I'm way off the mark here, but, are you talking about Half-Life: Uplink?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Buy it in any store :: You have just opened Pandoras BOx :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

From what i know the only place to buy it is online :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I *think* you can only purchase it online - just be careful that you want the game - Its a very very nice idea and works great but you find yourself slipping into the routine a lot, even playing the demo....mightnt have a lot of legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I played the demo over and over and over, I was completely hooked. I then forked out the £25 sterling for it, and when I got it I realised its the exact same game. Which was what I paid for, but it was very repetitive. That said you'll enjoy it for a while which is all that can be said about any game.

Ivan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

uplink was released on fri 21-6-02 and the only place iv seen it was in HMV on grafton street in Dublin for E32.99
    so get ur ass to HMV. Combatcow >:^)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Downloaded the demo last night and really enjoyed it. Reminds me of hacker on the C64 (but much more advanced, obviously!)

Could be worth a trip to HMV, I reckon.....

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

reminded me of a game on the atari st called narrjek.as for uplink hmm lots of annoying things in it like the fact that you cant type in a box unless you have the mouse pointer over it or are pretty nifty with the tab button. and when a number of windows are open it lags to feck. apart from that its fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Originally posted by Combatcow
    uplink was released on fri 21-6-02 and the only place iv seen it was in HMV on grafton street in Dublin for E32.99
    so get ur ass to HMV. Combatcow >:^)

damn i have just clicked the page for online ordering and guass what the price is more then the retailer...33.99 Euros for the online order...That makes me hate this game allready and i had such high hopes

Muppet :):):)

Cost on the website INCLUDES shipping. €1 for shipping is pretty damn reasonable, if you ask me !!!

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

it should still be cheaper then stores as they can sell it without the shop taking a cut.

Fair point, but I think that they're an independent software label who have been selling the game on the site long before it was available in the shops ?? (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

- Dave.

Yeah thats right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you bought this topic back from the dead after 2 months just to add
    Yeah thats right.
    ???

class game nonetheless
    (gets pretty dull after a few days tho:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

I 'bought' the game and found it was very similar to the demo. Might as well keep playing the demo. I also had to keep doing crappy missions so I could afford upgrades to do the higher paying missions. Annoying.

Originally posted by tman
    you bought this topic back from the dead after 2 months just to add
    ???

class game nonetheless
    (gets pretty dull after a few days tho:()

Yeah, thats right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

lol, totally unexpected reply:rolleyes:
    the game was probabally cheaper in hmv cos they sold feck all copies of it, so they gave it a 10 yoyo price cut or something

Advertisement