Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel help needed.

• 22-06-2002 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Lads,

I'm crap at spreadheets and could do with a little help.
    I have a spreadsheet with in column C a list of prices. I want columd D to show those prices multiplied by 1.075. So D2 should be C2 x 1.075, D3 should be C3 x 1.075 etc...
    Is there a quick way to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Make out one whole row, then select it, and at the bottom right of your selection you'll see a tiny little box, click and drag that down as many rows as you like, and the information will be duplicated and the cell references updated accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Thanks mate, already got it sorted by doing one cell and then copying and pasting the properties to all other cells...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Just to take it further. If you want say change 1.075 to something else. Instead of typing 1.075, just type the cell it is in eg: A1, except use the $ prefix, $A$1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...as I'm (a little) confused by the answers you've been given (phaxx's being correct, if a little obtusely worded), I thought I'd to a quick run-through in case you haven't gotten quite what you wanted:
    1. Go to the top row of your numerical data in column C, and then click in the same row in column D. I'll assume that for the sake of the post we're talking about C2 and D2 respectively.
    2. Into D2, type the following:
      =$C2*1.075

The dollar sign ($) will make sure that when we expand this cell into a series in a second that only the "2" will change, not the "C".
    3. Click on the little black box in the bottom right-hand corner of D2, and drag it downwards so that you've selected all of the cells in column D for which you want this calculation to be performed. Let go of the mouse, and hey presto! One column of multiplied numbers. (If you want to change the maths you're performing, change cell D2 and repeat this point)
    Hope this helps,
    Gadget

Advertisement