Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a 19" monitor, any recommendations?

• 21-08-2001 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

As the topic says. Preferably flat screen.

I've been thinking of getting an LG or Mitsubishi one. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Monitors are personal preference. However I reckon the lg flatron is as good as the sony trinitron or the mitsubishi diamondtron, while being a bit cheaper. I'd try all three brands, see which works for you. Also, don't be tempted by a cheap 19" fishbowl. Do the job properly and get a trinitron, if you can afford it. (They have come down in price though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeah I've had a look at some Sony Trinitron ones, they're nice, but vastly overpriced (as usual with sony) everywhere I looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

idek iiyama?

have a 451 19" here, goes all the way to 1920 flicker free and is flat, this was bought 18 months ago, so would be cheaper now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

www.scan.co.uk 's "Today Only" page will occasionally have deals on iiyama monitors, and scan stock them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

iiyama 451 pro - it rocks. usb hub, great res, 2 crappy speakers too.
    price = who cares...its the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Try this 1 if your budget is tight.
    From www.jungle.com
    I bought the hansol 17" monitor, and I'm very happy with it.
    Note they have a trintron for £304 sterling.

Oh yeh, and this croud are very good for delivery charges. My 17" was only 3 quid delivery! It costs more to get the bus to town and back!

" jungle price £199.00 inc VAT

Stock Availability: Immediate
    Stock Code: HAN018 Manufacturers Part Number: 910A
    Plug & Play compatibility under Windows
    3 years warranty in all EU countries

Specification

19" tube (18" viewable area)
    0.26mm dot pitch
    5 language on screen display
    Maximum resolution 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz
    Optimum resolution 1024 x 768 @ 85Hz "

"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt unless you're on a team. Well I'm better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I …I can't compete with that stuff."
    -Moe Szyslak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

I have a CTX monitor model PRF960F, it uses sony tube and usb built in.. I have it over 8 months and very impress with it. It is still expensive with stg£374 inclusive from dabs, Sony has a cheaper 19" monitor CDP-E400P for stg£340. If bugdet is tight i recommend waiting for another month or so and save up for a good monitor, it pays of in the long run..:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I was going to buy one of them halkar, never quite had the cash though. It got excellent reviews alright. I might get that when I have the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pyxxel8

I have used the CTX V950 (? I think) monitor for quite some time now, maybe 2 years, and I am very happy with it. Great at high refresh rates, which is of utmost importance to me.

Other than that, I had a 17" Iiyama before and was very happy with that too, so they seem to get things right as well.

- pyxxel

Advertisement