Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Thread notifications

• 22-06-2002 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

say if you agree or disagree with me on this idea.

Would you think it would be useful for Email notifications being sent to the mods when a New Thread has been posted on the board(s) which they moderate?

Or could that even be done?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This can be done on a board by board basis.
    If you want this done then post here (I think both mods will get a mail for each new THREAD (not post)...)

Some boards would be too busy for the poor mods but if you want it, post here....
    (also check out the subscription options, you might be able to set it up yourself too... its in the User Cp and at the top of any forum).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I get enough spam mail thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

For some forums if those mods what them.

I can see the really popular forum people not going for it.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I usually keep my email for more important stuff.

For Mod work, the 'Subscribe to thread/forum' function in the user CP works wonders...what Dev said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Well I would like to have it done, please. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Kyro
    For Mod work, the 'Subscribe to thread/forum' function in the user CP works wonders...what Dev said :)
    All that seems to do is add a prompt to the user CP, not notify me of actual threads.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, you need to ask me to set it up for you but I think ALL mods for that forum will get the mails... might be something you would want to talk about with your fellow mods.

DeV.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Considering the "Quietness" of the GE Board, im sure DrakE wouldn't object to having his email FLOODED by thread notifications... I would like to step forward and recieve a Notification Medal please thanks your welcome...

Could be handy... How, I don't know.

DeVore,

Slosh has agreed to have it set for instruments forum, please.

Cheers.

Oeneus, I've set it so that you should get a mail with every new thread.
    I set it to your boards email account so slosh wont get them in the end...

Let me know how it goes as some mods may like it.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Goodman! Cheers mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

DeVore my good man can you switch this on for me on the unix board? Cheers :)

Done.

Let me know how you both get on..

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

So far so Good.

Seems to be working a treat. i thought i had this turned on in my usercp, but it never worked. Is it possible to have it turned on for a board i do not moderate? i am also signed up to the security board - yet i recieve no mails :(

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by flamegrill
    So far so Good.

Seems to be working a treat. i thought i had this turned on in my usercp, but it never worked. Is it possible to have it turned on for a board i do not moderate? i am also signed up to the security board - yet i recieve no mails :(

Regards,

Paul

Mailing list junky!!!

pffff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

If possible Tom could you set this up for me on the boards I moderate. If possible I would like notification of new threads and posts.

If the mail is sent from the "boards.ie/vbulletin Mailer" account...
    Then I have a filter set-up in Outlook to move it to a specified "boards" folder.

It would make it easier for me check "my" boards during the day as I'm on dial-up at home ATM. This way I dont need to necessarily surf to the board itself :)

cheers
    david

T'is working fine DeV. Thanks

Advertisement