Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win xp modem help plz!

• 22-06-2002 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

My friend recently bought a dell pc 3 weeks ago and has not been able to get the modem working properly i would be greatful for any help in sorting out the problem.

pc spec : Dell 8200
    p4 1.7ghz
    256mg rdram
    40gig hd
    creative GeForce 2 mx w tv out
    dvd + cdrw drive
    win XP Home edtion
    Dell 56k Data/Fax/Voice Modem

He is using an eircom/Iol Isp cd

The software from the cd installs fine and connects ok @ 46.333kbs but when netscape/internet explorer is opend the won't open any pages it says '' cannot display page incorrect name'' or somthing like that ( and the page name is fine ) ne way the 2 computers @ the btm right of the screen are not flashing ( not transfering data) I queried the modem and it was working fine and the proxies are @ the default setting. iv tryd everthing i can think of, im not that used to win XP so maybe there is a few options i missed,but i do think its an XP problem.Any help would save my friend throwing his pc out his window. thx Combatcow >:^)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Get rid of the Eircom ****e CD and set up a dail-up-networking connection manually is what i'd do.....

Advertisement