Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World CUp Cheats

• 22-06-2002 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Oh my God S.Korea are so fixing this world cup! They are a good team but they haev got through cause of a number of dissalowed goals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Either that or they getting sympathy,1 or 2 and you be thinkin somfin fishy but 5 ???
    somfin not right.
    kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Grimes
    Oh my God S.Korea are so fixing this world cup! They are a good team but they haev got through cause of a number of dissalowed goals

No point being the home team if you don't have the ref in your pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yes they must be cheating. Lets face it, the Italians ALWAYS lose with good grace .......

I think the reason they have got away with so much is because of the appalling level of linesman-ing. Nearly all of the decisions that went for them (and against Italy in previous games) were the result of an assistant referee. Apparently FIFA are using a policy of giving ref's from non-soccer nations experience by letting them run the line (not a good idea imho). Add this inexperience to the natural lenianacy to the home nation and you start to see whats been happening.

AFAIK, RAI are trying to sue fifa for loss of earnings and fraud (!!) over the standard of refereeing. Meanwhile, la gazzetta is inferring a prejudice against Italy and/or FIFA going all out for a Brasil/Korea final depending on thier mood. The Italian media were never the most gracious of losers but this is ridiculous.
    Of course that IDIOT in charge of Peruggia isnt helping matters by trying to sack the player who scored the golden goal against italy on the grounds of 'biting the hand that feeds him'. Apparently the coach of the team told him to stuff it and has demanded the player stays.
    (Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

France cheated 4 years ago.....

um, how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

ach it was fixed.... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

next you'll be claiming Ireland lost because spain used wallhack and aimbot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

home teams always do well,
    sure some of the decesions that have been made are woeful but thats part of football. Imo it contributes to the excitement as you can scream at the TV for that obvious penalty or that dive which won them a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    home teams always do well

ENGLAND 1966

as an example of apalling decisions when the home fans are influencing the match. remember the goal-did it cross the line??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Spain vs Korea was an even bigger joke. 2 perfectly legit goals ruled out, 1 offside when it wasn't (and probably would have led to a goal) and of course the penalty save with the keeper being a few miles of his line. I can only hope that Germany will knock out Korea in the semis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Yes most of you do forget Host nations do Well in world cups. USA were wote off in USA 94 , but they still got through to the last 16.
    Mexico were wrote off in Mexico 86.
    France were certainly not favourites in France 98.

Did anyone notice the type of game Spain play they use quick passes to get behind defenders , often passing to a man running in. The don't use the wing like England and don't go through the middle like Brazil , so they cause both the opposition and lines man lots of problems.

Yes Korea were helped by the lines man ruling out 2 or even 3 offsides, over-the-line.

But so were Ireland, according to the instant replay during the Ireland Vs Spain game.
    Spain also had 3 perfectly good goals ruled out when playing Ireland.

Blaming Koreans or French as cheats is stupid.

What soccer needs is instant relpay just Like Rugby or Cricket, but
    then again we will still have @ssholes like Neil Back AKA F**king Cheat!

There is another solution and that is to remove the offside rule when the players are a far enough distance from the goal.

For example it is cr@p having the offside rule when attackinbg the opposing team while playing in your own half. It prevents teams counter attacking and slows down the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Of course, had it been a "perfectly legit goal" scored against Ireland being disallowed, and us progressing, you wouldnt hear a fraction of the complaints on these boards :)

Statistically, IIRC, only one team has ever won the world cup off their own continent. You also tend to find that the teams from the continent where the tourney is being played do better than their visitors from across the globe.

Now, for the first time, we are not playing in Europe or the Americas. And yet people are surprised that the teams who havent had to suffer jet-lag etc are doing better than expected.

As for the Italians - I heard that Paginini were pulling their entire World Cup sticker stuff from the market in protest. Obviously it isnt acceptible for Italy to not make at least the semi-finals. Maybe we should just change the rules so that they get one QF position, and the other 7 are actually contested for.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by The_Bullman

ENGLAND 1966

as an example of apalling decisions when the home fans are influencing the match. remember the goal-did it cross the line??

**** not this again! First it did cross the line, there is conclusive proof recently screened by BBC2 in a programme about England teams since '66 and second, it did'nt matter England won 4-2 not 3-2!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by mike65

**** not this again! First it did cross the line, there is conclusive proof recently screened by BBC2 in a programme about England teams since '66 and second, it did'nt matter England won 4-2 not 3-2!

Mike.

Yep, this old one again! Personally I don't give a sh.it about them winning it. Fair play to them. But the fact of the matter is that Geoff Hurst's first extra-time goal didn't cross the line. I've seen computer generated 3d models of the incident as well as actual camera footage taken from the corner-flag looking directly along the goal-line in question and they have both convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't a goal.

Accept good luck where you can get it, but don't believe you can re-write history.

Originally posted by BJJ
    to the instant replay during the Ireland Vs Spain game.
    Spain also had 3 perfectly good goals ruled out when playing Ireland.

I dont think you were watching the same replay as everyone else. They were all clearly offside.

Bonkey, Brazil won in Sweden 58. Thats are the only times a team has won off its own continent. (unless you count nth america as different, then Argentina have as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Ha Ha.

Well Dustaz I just happened to be watching the Irish game too, with George Hamilton commentating it seemed even the panel thought that Raul had a case for 2 good goals that had been ruled out by a bad lines man. This was only the first half of the game.

Of course Spain had good goals during the Irish game. So did Italy when playing Croatia.

But Ireland played better than Spain and Croatia played better than Italy, so maybe it was almost a fair result in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Originally posted by Dustaz

Thats are the only times a team has won off its own continent. ()

Oh my goodness, your spelling and syntax is worse than mine.
    Dustaz what country are you from?
    And how did you ever become a moderator?

Ha Ha
    Go back to Ireland offline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I know you accept good luck when you get
    (we got it with Spain,shels got it with the league ;) )

But i think the point of this is Koreas Good luck against 2 teams .
    Spain and Italy.
    In one game you can have loads of luck but 2 in a row and both having controverial Goals disallowed.
    Even Man Utd dont get that type of luck ;)
    Kdja

Advertisement