Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passive Help

Options
  • 22-06-2002 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Here`s a little idea i thought i`d post. There are many web designers and web masters on boards and most of them support the IOFFL cause. Now i`m sure that most of these web masters would be only to happy to carry the IOFFL banner, but as banners go i think the IOFFL is a little lame, I think it should be more agrresive in its approach(sorta as agressive as the eircom one is cutesy).

What does anyone think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I drew up the original snail logo, and I like the idea of bringing him to life a bit! I reckon he should be on a rocket (some time in the future perhaps! ;) even more glum!

He could definitely be made a little more animated! Would you like to give it a go? Perhaps even his own animated show!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

How about an upgrade on that logo to something more assertive! :D
    http://www.erinselbow.com/errorcom/ :D:D:D
    (ah yes.. sure to bring a smile to someones face)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

rofl! hilarious stuff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Perhaps a comic strip show that can be updated, similar to garfield, peanuts etc. Only totally badass.

Im fond of the snail logo... IrelandOFFLine are known for the snail as eircon is for the rat..

we should make an ad like "turn your snail into a super snail!"
    "help Ireland get flat-rate and affordable broadband access" ect ect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

we should make an ad like "turn your snail into a super snail!"
    "help Ireland get flat-rate and affordable broadband access" ect ect

I like it, give him a splat hat and slap a rocket pack on his shell. I reckon its time to get drawing again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Just as a curiosity!! :D
    has anyone noticed the siloette of 2 parakee (birdies to you) pirched on a branch in ireland off lines logo?? (or is it just my wierd sence of perspective!?? :D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

As I said before, I'd be more than willing - and proud - to put the IOFFL banner on my site :)
    I actually have a planned redesign for the site soon... it's an absolute mess atm lol.

hmm... I'll make a site on eircom's space JUST to host your banner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 keithwhir

how about a banner of the mouse being shot ???? or the eircom sines falling like the berlin wall ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I was recentily thinking that we needed more spin on the website.
    A few more personal logos etc ...

You know the type of stuff

"Picture of guy looking at piece of fibre cable scratching his head"
    "Picture of mouse with broken leg"

Unfortuately there is not an artistic bone in my body.

I made some eircom desktops..

eircom cds smashes up, dead mice, and of course the traditional "Ireland by the Bollocks" logo.

Advertisement