Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodka + Watermellon

• 22-06-2002 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Has anyone tried the watermellon and vodka thing? I saw it in "the naked chef" guys book. You get a watermellon and put a hole in it, stick in a funnel and over a couple of days slowly pour in a bottle of vodka. The flesh of the mellon soaks up the vodka. I'm having a party soon and I'm thinking of trying it. Is it worth the bother or will i just get some cheap mixers?:)

Bes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Never actually tried that, I'd prefer it the "Ios" method. What happens is - you take all the insides out of the melon - put a cocktail load of white spirits and chuck in orange juice and other juices. Put the top on - stick straws through the top - get everyone to circle round and drink it in a oner - then get the most pissed person and put the empty watermelon carcass on his head and get him to test his new "Watermelon crash helmet" while he runs around the room/beach. Ahhhhhhh I'll be doing that when I go to Greece next week... ahhhhhh

But the melon soakey thing you're talking about? Nah, sounds gak to me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Take a look here for some comments and ideas of different Vodka madness.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=248163#post248163

One thing though Ken if you even dream of posting the vodka smootie recipe again your in trouble :)

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Tried it. Didn't know you had to wait for days so was puzzled when it wasn't soaking it all up straight away. Anyway, ended up chopping the hell of out it. Looked damn ugly at the end -- but the effect was achieved.

Must try it with more patience the next time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

I tried it myself last weekend. It didnt really work for me at all bu the vodka and skittles idea was lovely;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by kayos
    Take a look here for some comments and ideas of different Vodka madness.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=248163#post248163

One thing though Ken if you even dream of posting the vodka smootie recipe again your in trouble :)

kayos

that Skittle Vodka is Class...... tried it a couple of weeks ago went someman landed with it, drink the stuff ever since....

• Advertisement
Advertisement