Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Synths strings and other things

• 22-06-2002 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm badly needing a new hobby of late and I reckon DJing could very well be it. I've been a serious Hardhouse/techno/trance fan for years but have never followed it up in a more personal sense. So I armed with a few extra bob of late and am wondering what I need to spin, compose and write music.

I've used reason (demo without timelimit) for a few weeks now and am pretty well up in it. I hear reason 2 is out now/soon would it be worth it??? I also plan on getting a set of decks - anything less than 800 euros or would i best of to wait for the new cd Laser to come down in price as they are well ****ing expensive?

I'm not massively interested in becoming a club DJ but more interested in writing/composing tunes. Can anyone direct to the whereabouts of a synth better than roland? Have a class athlon 1800 with cd burner also. So power is no problem.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Start looking here - www.harmony-central.com/Synth/Data/
    and you'll find something, also if you join Harmony Centrals boards you can post on the Keys and Synths
    section, the ppl thier know everything there is to know about
    which module or keyboard you should go for.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You would be better off getting a Midi Contoller keyboard and Software synths for a Sequencer package from the sounds of it.

There was a post here a few months back with various recommendations, do a search here for Sonar/Cubase etc. and ya should find some useful info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Thanks for the replies lads, i havent checked back in ages. I think im going to stick with the computer programs and additions such as a MIDI keyboard mentioned by creed.

Advertisement