Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking mobiles

• 16-08-2001 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I know that most of the mobile operators require you to have spent about £100 or more on calls before they will supply you with an unlock code for your handset, and I also know that its possible to get around this smile.gif

The question is, how?

Do Meteor lock their handsets like Eircell and esat do? I'm planning to get a Siemens M35 with a meteor sim for free in a student offer from AIB, and if possible use my existing digifone SIM in it.

- Munch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

I think you need a datacable , and the appropriate software to do it , im not sure which software does it, i normally look on google for 'nokia secrets' and it comes up with lots of dodgy phone stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye its usualy 100 to get around it . but there is some guy in the for sale board that sez he will do it for you for £15 . i know the unlock num for nokia is 54321 on the 3310 for the nokia but not totaly sure about the m35

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Is unlocking the way they prevent you from using a different sim card in your phone?

I've a Nokia 3310(with esat) and it be dead handy if i could use my old eircell simcard.

Are you serious about the 54321 code for the Nokia 3310 and where do i enter it.

or am i way off?

Gideon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭GenX

SuperNoodle is rite about the cable, the software is tiny and the cable is connected to ure pc Via serial port,the cable are abound £15. I dont no the links bu u shud be able to find it easily

GenX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

http://mobile.box.sk has a good deal of stuff, on pretty much every phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Found this on mobile.box.sk:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Siemens M35 Secrets

Show IMEI
    *#06#
    Resets language to automatic selection
    *#0000#

Service Provider Unlock
    *#0003*(secret code 8 digits)#

To get the secret code
    *#0606# without SIM Card in the phone.</font>
    No such info for my existing 3210 though.

- Munch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

To answer your question regarding meteor:

I bought a 6210 off them back in february and it was not locked. Once i used the 70 quid i popped back in my 087 sim. However a few friends of mine bought 3310's off meteor and they were locked and they have to wait 6 months before unlocking them. Now whether or not the m35 is locked or not, i don't know. All i can say is that the 3310 comes with 55 pounds credit (i think) and the m35 comes with 70, which might classify the m35 in the same league as the 6210. If that is the case it may not be locked. But i don't know whether Meteor have copped on to chancers such as myself who are buying their phones just to use a different sim card in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i remember my brother was doin something with his m35, he couldn't do it but when he tried it on mine it worked, not sure why i'll ask em n get back to ya smile.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Stephen, where exactly, or more precisely whats the link to the M35 secrets? Arséd if I can see the fúckers frown.gif only c25 etc ones.. cheers man!

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

cfx.gif

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 17-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

ok,
    the phone will be locked.....
    Logomanager is a nokia un lockers program...has a infra-red conenction bit whihc is very handy!

Anyway, the m35 has a infar -red thing yea?
    Do a search!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I thought the unlock code was based on your IMEI number and your service providers secret 3 digit code?

You can unlock the phone with a datacable and software as mentioned above, or if you only want to remove the service provider lock (and not change pins, etc.) then all you need is the code. Theres a site on the net that lists most of those service provider 'secret' codes, last time I checked (a few months ago) Meteor wasnt there (but it had just been launched...). After you get that theres a program which you put that code into, and your IMEI, and it generates your unlock code.

Unfortunately if you enter the wrong unlock code 10 times on a nokia (powering off does NOT reset the counter) it stops the phone being unlocked without a trip to your local repair shop (and they charge AFAIK). I don't know if that applies to other brands though.

Chief - what's pasted above is everything they had about the M35. It was some site from mobile.box.sk.

- Munch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

There's a lot of misconceptions in this thread:
    Firstly, Yes, the phone will be locked to meteor, they don't state in in the terms or conditions, but it will be.
    Secondly, unlocking@eircom.net does nokias, dunno about other models, (it's still cheaper to send to england for unlocking than buying SIM free (www.dvds2000.co.uk are reputable).
    Logomanager (www.logomanager.co.uk) is a programme for changing ringtones and logos on nokia handsets, it cannot unlock.
    Most cables can only unlock OLD nokia firmware, a 'newer' "Flash cable" is needed to re-write the phones flash memory to clear the lock on any recent (about a year) nokias.
    and... i think i caught everything,
    (specific queries by email if poss, i always lose track of what threads i post in here)

HTH

--
    .sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

that 12345 code on the nokia is the SECURITY code, not the unlock code, and you should change it immediately. Basically what happens is that when you change sim's it will ask you for that code, if it's left at default or disabled 12345 will work, or it will just turn on, but however, any thief who gets your phone will also be able to use it. I've changed mine so now the thief will be left with a dead phone smile.gif (it's in options -> security options).

The unlock code is a different beastie altogether. (my Esat bill pay phone M35 takes any SIM, other payment method or telco phones will probably be different tho)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Not to sure on this but there is a place in teh norf that not only unlocks your fones but also places a chip inside that charges your fones credit everytime u turn it off...

as for the m35 having infa red....No....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

oh you devious bast4rd JP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doodee:
    there is a place in teh norf that not only unlocks your fones but also places a chip inside that charges your fones credit everytime u turn it off...
    </font>

Do you know how that chip works, or what it's called JP? confused.gif

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I seen that chip on tv one nite, it was on watchdog or something you paid like 500 squid for the fone and had unlimited credit, i cant remember where the calls were being charged but AFAIK all fones have been changed so they won't accept such chips anymore.

twas on one of those bbc documentary programs.

Farls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

why pay someone else money, you have to clone your phone to someone elses.

the only thing that ties your phone number to your phone is a 6digit id hex number whuch is unique to each phone, and if you clone you id number with someon elses you have free calls but as i understand it, you can recieve calls, it is also obviously illegal.

you can get software to access your phones id tag and can use you mobile+pc+software to access other ppl's phones (and mess with their precious settings) and id tag.

really cool $hit.

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zebra

I have all of the software and cabels to unlock nokia phones. I can also tell u your security code if u have forgotton it. If anyone is interested I can give ye some more info on the software and cabels. call me on 087-8386861

• Advertisement

Got an email address we can use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

HeHe, no no names or numbers but there is also a place in that place where all those scottish ppl r from......and he does them via post..I'll try find url

Nope soz, it was a phillips fone....and the chip costs bout £50 and it just replaces the original....
    I'll ask the fella i know who had it

Advertisement