Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What motoring magazines do you read?

Options
  • 23-06-2002 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I used to get Evo every month but it seems to have disappeared. I also get Car and Autocar from time to time, AutoExpress is great for news, and their website is good too.

I hate all that Max Power crap though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I don't read so many of them any more, but I think CAR has gone to pot, judging by a recent issue. Does performance car still exist? I personally think the best one at the moment is top gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i usually get car or bike trader mag and the flick through the pics goin, hmmm another grand and i could buy that one, or mmmmm ohhhhhhh i like that one etc' :D thats about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by Gerry
    I don't read so many of them any more, but I think CAR has gone to pot, judging by a recent issue. Does performance car still exist? I personally think the best one at the moment is top gear.

I think Performance Car merged with Car a few years ago...

on a side note I saw a Lamborghini Diabolo GT going down the M11 today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Used to read Top Gear to keep up with the new stuff. havn't bought it for ages tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

All I read is the back of the Sunday Times sports section. Lots of complaining about cars there from Jeremy Clarkson and his drinking buddies. I find that enormously fulfilling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I find Top Gear a good read but if you're a real nut get Auto Express. I bought an issue of Max Power once and what a load of ****e that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Top Gear... have nearly every issue from the past two years or so.. mainly because of the variety of writing style, it did go a bit stale there early last year, but seems to have got back to a decent level now.

The one thing I'll say about Car is that its photography is second to none, some of the most beautiful photos i've ever seen have been in that mag (especially an article aboot a year and a half ago where they attempted to drive a ferrari 550 as far down the tip of argentina as they could, the 550 covered in snow and mud against amazing mountain backdrops), don't buy it regularly at all though.

Apart from Top Gear I just buy AutoSport, mainly for its uk national racing news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I buy alot basically!

Car, Top Gear (these two have alot of duplicate info each month, possibly same publishers), Auto Express...

I DO actually buy Fast Car....like to keep an open mind and see whats going on in the modding scene.....I like originality and unqiueness in life and I actually like seeing people go to great effort in creating (sometimes!!!!) a personalised masterpiece...

Its just a shame that mags like this endorse retartedness and use english language in such a matter than english people can understand :(

A big :P to the begrudgers

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MCN 'nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

F1 Racing!! It's the best Formula 1 magazine available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by NeRb666

on a side note I saw a Lamborghini Diabolo GT going down the M11 today :)

Was it an orangy/yellow? Coz I saw one yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cerrutti

I think if you just want to read about cars out of interest, then Top Gear is the best magazine to buy.

But if you actually want to buy a car, then What Car magazine gives the most useful information.

Advertisement