Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP gig....

Options
  • 23-06-2002 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

is anyone else a little pissed at the fact that NEW ORDER are the supporting act at the red hot chili peper gig in landsdowne on tuesday?
    the walls and red lemon are also playing and they are good so i guess i can complain that much, but still new orders new stuff sucks as.s!!
    we were going to have incubus as support and its a big let down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Incubus were going to be supporting the chilis and then they put New Order on instead?? What is this world coming to?! I'm going to the concert its going to be good fun, havent seen the Red Hot Chilis Peppers preform live before i'm looking forward to it even though the supporting is a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I heard that they wanted the Foo Fighters to support them which would have been brillant, but the Foos could do it because they are doing gigs elseware at that time. But having Incubus there would have been good aswell as they've never played here before. But the support is aint that good in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Are you all mad? New Order are fantastic. Incubus and the Foofighters aren't fit to scrub New Orders boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

im with monkey on this one, if i was going i would much prefer to see new order then any of those other bands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

monkey, drowner ...you are the man, lady respectively...new order rule... i'd rather see them then the chllis even

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 eye_of_gold

who is red lemon?

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Man I was so pissed when they announced that. New Order suck Major donkey balls. Why couldn't they get anyone decent to play? Rumour was that Incubus and Crazytown were supporting. And as for the Walls...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

There is actually a connection between the two bands, in that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are (surprisingly, to me anyway) big fans of Joy Division, the band that went on to become New Order. As for people preferring Incubus over New Order- there are hundreds of bands like Incubus about, but New Order are originals. They've a ****load of classic songs at their disposal, give it a chance and you might end up liking them after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

well im looking forward to the gig no matter what the support!

it will be interestin to c New Order even just for that one huge hit they had.

And why do Incubas just release their slow, not quite heavy tracks? (for singles i mean)

does anyone know why?:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

just setting everything straight, cos i HATE seeing bull**** on forums:

1. red lemon are louis walshs "manufactured" "rock" "band"

2. incubus and foos were NEVER supporting, that was just idle rumour (in fact i think the incubus one was started by me, just for fun)....muse were also rumoured too......as were garbage i think?

3. super furrys were added to the bill only to pull out cos their sound man is on holidays , they are being replaced by the walls.

4. i'm sorry, but legendary and all as new order are, they suck live.

thank you all

• Advertisement

Originally posted by rapture_queen

it will be interestin to c New Order even just for that one huge hit they had.

holy ****! do you mean crystal? what age are you?

true faith
    world in motion
    blue monday????? HELLLO??????

dear god!

If you are going to come along and claim you are here to sort everything out then get your facts right.

Garbage were announced as support ages ago on MCD.ie but they made no mention of it again and announced that New Order would be supporting.

The Walls did not replace the SFA. Both bands were due to play but SFA pulled out.

I presume the one massive hit Rapture_queen was refering to was Blue Monday?

As for New Order being **** live not having seem them I wouldn't know.

well i'm sorry, just doing my best, more than SOME people I might mention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Originally posted by 120_Minutes

true faith
    world in motion

dear god!

in fact, rapture queen did mean 'blue monday' you twat!!

get yer own facts straight before ya start with that sh*t (yer first msg)!!

fool!!!

ooohh, look at me!! i know everything!!! ooh me me me!!!

anyway...

can't wait to see the chili peppers!!! love to see em play sir psycho sexy....that would make the gig for me!!!

also love to here some of the older stuff like higher ground and their version of fire...

they were great at slane last year so i'm expecting more greatness!!!

new order....love the older stuff...dont think the newer stuff is that bad...very interested in seeing them...

the walls, have 'hi lo' and its cool...wanna see them...looking forward to hearing the new stuff as well...

as for red lemon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i cant wait to see the chilis playing 'rollin' and 'my generation' and the mission impossible theme tune... i hear fred really gets the crowd going too...

cant wait

I guess you don't like the Chilis either then Mick? I sold my copy of Blood Sugar Sex Magic to Freebird the other day. This is probably going to piss loads of people of but i thought most of the songs on it were ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

New Order used to be sh ite live (in fact they're the only band in the history of Top of the Pops whose single went down in the charts after they performed it), but I saw them in Finsbury Park 2 weeks ago and they were fantastic.

They did loads of Joy Division stuff, some of it for the first time in 20 years, and did it really well I might add. Plus they did a mixture of old and new stuff, but not just a greatest hits, some fvery choice album tracks - I can't say what it'd be like seeing them if you're not that familiar with their back catalogue, but as a long-time fan I was blown away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 punk

so I guess you're all goin' !

when are you all meeting up before the show?
    I'm meeting my friends at central bank at 3 and then we'll walk down.

true faith
    world in motion

dear god!

all i have to say is that i was talkin about Blue Monday-i was not suggestin that they only had one hit!

What the hell has my age got to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Originally posted by punk
    so I guess you're all goin' !

when are you all meeting up before the show?
    I'm meeting my friends at central bank at 3 and then we'll walk down.

I'm meeting up at the bank b4 hand aswell!!!!! ill probably be in there round 12!!!!!!! :D CHILIS RULE!!!!!!

another point i'm with monkey on. although they have a few songs that i quite like, i though kalifornication was awful, there was only about 3 or 4 good songs on it, the rest of it i found to be average, and the songs all sounded a bit the same. i do love breakin the girl though, though i havent got that album.

Originally posted by Kurdt

in fact, rapture queen did mean 'blue monday' you twat!!

get yer own facts straight before ya start with that sh*t (yer first msg)!!

fool!!!

ooohh, look at me!! i know everything!!! ooh me me me!!!

hmmm i might be blind, but i didnt see ANY SONG TITLE in rapture queens post, so unless i'm the only ****er on this board who's NOT telepathic, how is ANYONE supposed to know what song she meant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Why are peolple pretending to know about New Orders music when they obviously haven't a clue. Just because someone may only know one New Order song that does not mean they had only "one huge hit"

Quit spoofing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the snitch

foo fighters were never gonna support because grohl is off playing with the infinitley superior (to the foos and rhcp) queens of the stoneage, in fact in london this very night y'all. the line up reflects whatever the corporate cowboys feel like pushing on the masses. goll dang y'all, you've been suckered in!
    slane anybobody?

hmmm i might be blind, but i didnt see ANY SONG TITLE in rapture queens post, so unless i'm the only ****er on this board who's NOT telepathic, how is ANYONE supposed to know what song she meant?

well, i know a good few songs by new order and i would call blue monday their biggest hit because its been on a few ads and also theres that kylie remix of it around at the moment
    Originally posted by Darthmise

Why are peolple pretending to know about New Orders music when they obviously haven't a clue. Just because someone may only know one New Order song that does not mean they had only "one huge hit"

why are you pretending that you know about what we know about new orders music? If you read her reply you'd know that she said she was not suggesting they only had one hit. You obviously haven't a clue. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

I'd just like to say again that

New Order suck donkey balls!!!

What a pack of fukin tossers.:mad:
    Anyone who was at the gig will know what I'm talkin' about...

blind...i doubt it!

dumb...quite probable...

rapture queen didn't give a title...so what??

you start bitching at RQ for not giving a song title, you presumed wrong, showing your stupidity...there was no reason for you to become a bitch!!!

also, what has RQ's age got to do with anything?

quote:
    Originally posted by Darthmise

why are you pretending know what we know?

tell me everything i don't know about new order...oh please i want your knowledge oh 'wise' one!

Its true!

can ppl not read posts properly?

I did not suggest they had one hit and after seeing them last nite

they did not impress me all that much!

They were ok not totally bad or anything just not great either.

And if suggesting my age has anything to do with me not knowin any of their stuff-u would be wrong!

It is due to the fact that i never wanted to know any of their stuff and no i am not a teenage temple barian if thats what u were tryin to suggest!

Im tryin to make sense of ur senseless reply!

• Advertisement

fair enough RQ, you have my apologies......and as for new order i really dont care anymore, i predicted they'd be **** and i was proven right, i now predict brazil to win the world cup, and i know nothing about football (look kurdt, i'm admitting i dont know everything!!!!)

Advertisement