Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Hard Drive woes.......

• 23-06-2002 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Ive got two hard drives in my machine atm. Ones a 15 gig Quantum Fireball the other is a Quantum Bigfoot 6 gig. I installed windows2000 to the 15 gigabyte drive and red hat linux to my smaller drive so as to be able to dual boot them after setting up some things here and there.

The windows2000 drive boots fine loads up all is ok. The red hat drive is ok its working however I CANNOT boot up windows 2000 if I have the other drive "plugged in"

It simply goes to the windows 2000 startup screen where the system hangs halfway through (the blue status bar stays halfway) and ive to power off the machine via pulling the plug out.

I need to have the two drives working at once etc etc as it makes for an easier life than having to be pulling out cables here and there in order to have an option. Ive changed the ide cables, changed them from master to slave and back again, changed them from primary to secondray IDEand made sure all jumpers were correct. I could really do with some help on this issue as im going mad with it!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the exact same thing used to happen to me with 98se and slak 8.1
    never found out what caused it, but installing 2k over 98, and reinstalling slak seemed to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I tried the machine with a different hard drive than the hard drive linux is residing on and it loads fine as there is no OS on the drive. The drive prior to having linux on it also was used for mp3's, its just since I installed linux to it things have gone assways. I reinstalled linux but the same problem occurs:confused:

Advertisement