Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The D4 gig

Options
  • 23-06-2002 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else think they put on a super show last night? To say they rocked is an understatement!
    Is it just me or does the guitarist Dion look like The Fonze from Happy Days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

oh my god! they were ****ing fantastic!

best gig in a long while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

They spent more time playing their guitars amongst the audience than on stage! Did you catch the name of their new song they played? I managed to rob the setlist because i have to write a reveiw of the gig but the name of the song aint on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

:p God if thats not rock n roll then i dont know what is!

It was so funny and entertaining.

nearly all songs mentioned the words rock n roll somewhere.......they were great!

Did anyone think the sweaty drummer looked like "Fun Bobby"from Friends except when he was in Romy and Michelle's high scholl reunion?

NPB were great also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

it didnt have a name....

i got a setlist too and it just said 'new one' :)

Dion mentioned the name of it and said "this is xxxxx its a new song thats not on the album" i think. I just thought someone might remeber the name

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by biZrb
    Did anyone else think they put on a super show last night? To say they rocked is an understatement!
    Is it just me or does the guitarist Dion look like The Fonze from Happy Days?
    No no no youve got it all wrong....he actually looked more like Sam from Quantum Leap.....drawn by an unknown force to bring rock and roll to Dublin!!!!
    They were pretty cool I gotta say..and their roadie was foxy as hell!!! Now that was a good fro!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Sounds like it was a deadly gig alright, couldnt go coz i had to be in the music centre, pity :(
    ah well guess i'll catch them in what? 2004?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pedro

The D4 were exploding of that stage.

The NPB song Loaded that they played in the middle of their set is their new single.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Have to agree with everyone...they were fookin great. 2 good supports too, VFM I say, even if ticketba$tard lost my booking and had to pay twice and look like a muppet.

On the subject of looks-like thing I reckon the guitarist guy on the right whose name I cannot find out, as was too chicken **** to ask, looked a bit like a grown up beavis....sorry

The band were excellent, the tunes sounded good in Whelans. Would love to see the reviews and the pics I took from down front. Wonder if the lucky lucky git who got to play the guitar near the end will get a mention in the reviews.... i can tell you he has never held an electric guitar in his life and it probably showed but he was happy with his effort....how do i know...

COS IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Was also involved in jumping the stage, hey they asked for it, they got!!

Great night had by all, could i be the 5th member now? The D5, well i am from Artane.

Too late for Witnness? Come on MCD have a word

he actually looked more like Sam from Quantum Leap
    Your so right! But i still think he has that Fonze look about him
    and their roadie was foxy as hell!!!
    I'll definitly agree with you on that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah, the guy form quantum leap and the fonze look distantly alike, theres somehting similar about them. but ii didnt go to the gig so i cant agree with u guys, i was stuck in work!!!!

Advertisement