Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs 48 hours

• 21-08-2001 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys, no dout many of you have had stuff delivered from them to Ireland.
    I got a "Shipping Confirmation" from them last thursday, stating that i would receive my stuff "within 48hours" which i presumed means two working days.
    I received the Invoice (paid by credit card..ie was just a receipt of payment)lat week.
    They deliver by Parcel Force but don't appear to give a tracking number on the invoice or on the website so i cannot check up the order that way.
    Called dabs customer service line this evening but the lines were closed (9-5) to see if i could find out this number.

So my question here is this, does 48hours mean two working days to the UK only and if so, whats a reasonable expectation for Ireland?

To be honest i placed this order last Sunday along with a few others with other companies, one of which was in Australia for crissakes, which i have received at the exact same address with no problems..starting to get ants in my pants!!

OK someone..tell me to chill..dabs 48hours really means 4 working days to Dublin in their experience!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

dabs always delivers slow, parcelforce are REALLY slow, but cheap, thats why they use them, that is 48hours in uk, usually takes 3-5 days to ireland.

ring them and get the tracking number which you can then enter into www.parcelforce.com tracking system, twice they did it to me where they delivered my stuff to english addresses twice with same order, ring complain, keep on doing that if that happens to get something near a quick resolution, ended up taking 3 weeks for me frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It's always been 3 days from shipping any time I ordered from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

I buy a lot from dabs and delivery always has been between 2 to 4 days. I found e-mailing them more efficient then phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks all for the replies.

I called dabs this morning and asked for the Parcel Foce tracking number, and remembering astrofool's sorry tale, i asked them to verify the delivery address as per the invoice.
    I got the tracking number and was reassured that the address was exactly as the invoice delivery address stated.

So called Parcel Force next (after entering the tracking number in it said i needed to call them for information on this package, which sounded suss..so i called them.)

So spoke to some chappie there, asked him what the current status was, he said that it had been received in their warehouse on the 14th, but the address was undeliverable and that they we waiting for confirmation for the correct address!! I asked what the address was, he said he couldnt give that over the phone, so i asked could he at least verify that it was different from the one i had asked for, he said fine, so read off the address as per the dabs invoice..he said that the company name wasnt there..so basically what he was saying it was ..joe bloggs ,dublin..which of course is undeliverable..

Pretty agitated now..called dabs back..told my sorry tale to the customer services rep and that i would like to cancel the order as i wasnt prepared to wait another week or so until it was all sorted out (i didn't loose the rag ,was pretty polite).
    To my great suprise the girl didn't argue at all, in fact she was very polite and said fine we will refund you're credit card in full.
    I had made my mind up never to buy from them again but her polite and professional manner won me over.
    I entered another order, this time repeating each line of the address twice for good measure (they appear to simply have dropped a couple of lines on the last one).
    Hopefully it will go more smoothly this time.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

(nevermind, found the info I wanted)

[This message has been edited by phaxx (edited 22-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

OCUK use parcelfarce and it's never taken more than 2 days for me to get stuff from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

You think Dabs r bad, I've shopped wiv dabs and had great service, only delay was recieving the itmes on their side...

I recently bought something off scan, the invoice date was the 12 of July, it arrived after 2 weeks, when i found out that one of the items was faulty I tried to ring their customer service lines and was just left on hold for upto 25mins, now that 4 times I rang em and 4 times I was left on hold for over 10 mins, only a week ago i got me RMA number,maybe week and a half, and when i rang to see what was going on i was told that they had recieved the product and that it had been put aside and forgotten about, the girl said she'd put a promt on it to be tested because I wasnt qualified to know that if it was hitting 112 degrees wiv teh fan running that it was in actual fact overheating....I now have to ring visa to complain bout the situation as when talking to them I was Dared by their supervisioning Manager to notify the media and proper authorities, also I cant get me Money back till they believe that the product is fault, also when i tried to change the product for something else I was told that upon the difference in price that I would have to pay an extra £30 for delievery, also that the company isnt allowed to calll you back, they have to recieve all calls and cannot contact you reguarding anything...so @ 10p a min and waiting upto 25mins this little exercise was getting expensive...

any1 else had the same problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

I've had good dealings with Dabs, but have never spoken to anyone by phone; any problems were resolved by email. In fact, I would have bought all the parts for my current computer from them gladly and willingly, except that they don't have the processor; since I want to buy a bunch in the same place to save postage, I'll go for overclockers.

They reply to emails fast and efficiently. Don't bother phoning.

Advertisement