Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overclock laptops

Options
  • 23-06-2002 2:30pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

can you overclock a siemens scenic mobile 360.
    If you can how do you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

• ur a nut
    • dont think the mobo on the laptop will allow it
    • laptops can burn out very easily ur nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 snake_eyes

yes you can. you can overclock the laptop no problem. you will kill the 'puter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

There are now a variety of programs out there to change the fsb frequency in windows. The main thing is to find out what clock generator your laptop uses, as this is what these programs act on. You need to do a lot of googling!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You referring to softFSB gerry, yeah a lot of googling involved, i`ve never been able to get softFSB to verk, but twud be useful if i had a mobo that supported it.

Anyone know of any other proggies like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, softfsb was the original, but there are now a lot of similar programs, which may be more up to date with current motherboards and clock generators. A lot of motherboard manufacturers bundle such programs with their boards now and make a selling point out of it, but of course these are tailored to these boards. If I get time I'll do some googling, I remember seeing mention of some good soft overclocking programs in forums recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement