Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Lawsuit

• 23-06-2002 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Found at http://radiowaves.fm/news/index.shtml (no link to cooberating info)
    I WANT MY NGC
    A Dublin-based NTL customer has successfully sued the cable provider for dropping the National Geographic Channel from the basic analogue tv package. David Campbell was awarded court costs plus the price of his subscription after the Small Claims Court ruled that NTL's contract agreement with him had been broken.

Anyone seen a mention of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

There was a similar case in a small claims court in the UK where NTL Lost because they didn't even bother showing up in court. I wonder if NTL even showed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

And I thought the meeting about tv5 was ridiculous. The only solution is sky digital and not filling some lawyers pockets.

In my opinion chorus should be fined or brought to court over their shoddy service.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Jesus, if they could be sued over something that small, imagine what I could get outta them. I'd literally say, that the MTVs work 5% of the times I try them, the disney channel, CNN and most channels in general would be not working more so than they would be working. Could I get any compensation or at least my money back for this??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, it was in the SBPost, and there'll be a report on ICDG tommorow. NTL have claimed that the case had certain unusual charcterisitics that mean it can't really be repeated, but watch this space...

Remember also that the Small Claims' Court isn't really like a court as such, its a fast track procedure for dealling with claims under EUR 600 and involving the minimum of lawyers etc. More like arbitration than a full court hearing.

Advertisement