Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Knight 2 Problem

Options
  • 23-06-2002 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

When i am trying to install JK2 i get an error message saying:
    Component Transfer Error
    Component: Game
    File Group : Game Files
    File: E:\GameData\data\base\assets0.pk3
    Error: Incorrect function

I am running windows XP on a 1900XP, 512MB Ram.
    Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

That seems like a CD problem to me. Im running XP too and i had no trouble installing or playing JK2.
    Try installing it on a different comp, if you get the same error its most likely the CD, In which case take it back as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

It works on me 450 running win 98 so its not the cd.
    Thanks for the reply tho

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That happened with my crappy old dvd-rom drive. I tried the disc in a different drive (same machine) and it worked fine. Might be something to do with the game's copy protection or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Hmmm, you could be on to something there stephen. I tried installing it on a mate of mines PC and i think we may have gotten a similar error as babyeater but we just put it down to the fact that his ROM drives a bit jammy. Might be worth looking into. Swap the drives on your pcs while your playing it or something, its a soloution if only temporary. (I Had plum forgotten about that, damn alcahol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I had trouble installing JKII with XP as well, although mine wouldn't even start installing. I fixed it by rebooting in Safe Mode, and logging in as administrator, then it installed no problem. Worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

thanks lads, i plugged me ould 16 speed cdrom into me yolk and it worked

Advertisement