Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV -> PC -> Streaming around lan

Options
  • 23-06-2002 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

I have one pc with a tv socket beside it and i was wondering is it possible for me to use a tv card get a feed into it and then stream it around my network for viewing on all other machines? pref. with them all able to change the channel....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

you could stream but not sure if they could change the channel with out getting a direct feed into a tuner card of their own.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

is it possible for full picture quality over a 100mbit lan?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Fully uncompressed AVI takes up about 33Gb/hour.

That's 9.1megs per second required

So under those circumstances - "no" but then you wouldn't be using an uncompressed feed anyway.

Depends on the amount of machines on the network really but "probably" - at least the maths would work out - a normal VCD is say about 600megs/hour - 0.166megs a second - quite possible to pump that around a network to quite a few machines.

So we'll go with a "yes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

the number of machines on the lan shouldnt matter if you use multicasting.

Advertisement