Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider-man 2 plot and baddies?

• 24-06-2002 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Next : Spider-man 2 Baddies plots?
    So we have Spider-man 2 but how will it work?

I say Peters university teacher turns into the Lizard by trying to regenerate his arm using tissue from Reptiles onlt to become the Lizard.

He then kidnaps Aunt May but is later rescued by Peter in a show down between SPider-man and the Lizard.

Something bad happens too and Harry Osbourne turns into Hob-Goblin!

Story and Bad guy for Spider-man 2 28 votes

Vulture and Bank Vaults
    0% 0 votes
    Carnage symbiote
    3% 1 vote
    Punisher and Crime
    35% 10 votes
    Gwen Stacy and more murders
    3% 1 vote
    BlackCat Spider-man team-up
    3% 1 vote
    Sandman with henchmen
    7% 2 votes
    Maffia Mob with the Rhino
    14% 4 votes
    Lizard and Sci-Fi plot
    3% 1 vote
    Doctor Octopus
    28% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Toss up between Carnage, and The Lizard.

Or...
    Do what Batman Returns did, and have more than one baddie!?
    Or would that be too much of a trend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i loved the catoon seris but hated the film :(

i think they'll have a big enemy like the lizrard, teamed up wit not such a big enemy like rhino.

[ps. wat about vemon?? osbornes son cud become vemon to get his revenge on spidy]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

the hob-goblin would make sense, but would it work in a film? a bit repetitive no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Aye the Hobgoblin would be to close to the original movie for the first sequal.The goblin's son becomes the Green Goblin and not the Hob Goblin btw.

Carnage can't come into the movies untill they first introduce Venom.Venom is a big enough villian and can make use of plenty of CGI effects to keep the kiddies happy along with the special effects team.

Rhino is just to borning imho.

Lizard could work but his whole storyline is pretty complex for a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

From what I have seen on a few websites, its gonna be The Lizard and Doc. Octopus as the baddies. Wonder who it'll be in number 3 then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Surely harry will be back in one form or another as a bad guy anyway. It's all set up so nicely from the end of the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Certainly looked that way with Harry vowing vengence on spiderman, but another goblin would be a bit boring (although the goblin in number 1 was a bit cool). Perhaps he'll be in number 2 and near the end he'll come across the goblin stuff and then as number 2 finishes, he'll become the goblin/hobgoblin/knobgoblin etc????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Harry as the Hob Goblin - which is around the same time as the Punisher enters, according to the comics, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well it won't be KingPin as He will be featured in the 20th Century Fox Movie DareDevil.

Sam Raimi Wants a villian with out a mask because of the obstacles in talking sceanes with The Green Goblin and Spider Man.

Oddly enough Raimi goes on to say that If he "can't see their faces or their eyes, it doesn't work for" him, You cann't see the face or eyes of the main character, Spiderman????

I would go for Doctor Octopus or Lizard (His character is in this movie as a cameo, again they have no plans as of yet.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I wanna see Venom, but my bet is that it'll be dr oc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

The thing is, Spiderman never really had any extremley inspired bad guys. I mean The Green Goblin and The Vulture and so on, don't measure up to the Joker or the Peguin.

I think Venom would be good for the third film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by pauldeehan
    The thing is, Spiderman never really had any extremley inspired bad guys.

I always kinda liked Doc Oc, but mostly because he was such a maniac.

The one thing I cant figure out is why the always insist on trying to use the comic-book bad-guys in the movies. OK - on one hand, the bad guy will be familiar to fans of the comic. On the other hand, virtually every fan will point out that the movie often ignores the established timeline for said bad-guy

Take the excerable Batman and Robin. They had Bane as a side-kick of Poison Ivy, and he gets beaten up. Why the hell did they use Bane? In the comic series, he's the guy who smashed Batman to pieces, breaking his back, and resulting in the creation of The Dark Knight series with a Batman who wasnt Bruce Wayne.

Anyone who knew who Bane was knew that he didnt belong where he was put. Anyone who didnt know who he was wouldnt care whether he was a comic-book original character or a new creation.

If they cant come up with a good plot *and* characters from the comic books, then the least they could do is not clash with the established timeline. I dont mind them taking some liberties with story-lines, but there are limits - or at least there should be.

So, if there's no great bad-guys, why not create a new one?

I think Venom would be good for the third film.

Yup - I was thinking exactly the same thing. Venom could be done sooooo cool.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Keep on Trekin

Doc Ock and King Pin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Keep on Trekin
    Doc Ock and King Pin

nice combination!

King Pin has always been my favourite, coz he is never truely beaten...his plans may be foiled but he always gets away...

the story of venom would be class if they allowed the space shuttle to crash-land on the brooklyn bridge...(feckin political correctness)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 leapord

im a spiderman finatiak i love the cartoons and the films hes cool and who dosent like spiderman

the next move should be about his great war in the alternate dimentions there the best so far

batmans crap batmans crap batmans crap

actually the dock coners/ lizard man is the next one because he faced him after the green goblin

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ever heard of "edit" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I think Doc Oc would be the best baddy for ep2. Physicially he's a lot different from Green Goblin and could probably do a lot of cool stuff with his tenticles now that CGI is so well tested.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

should be venom with a smaller bad guy i.e rhino or shocker with venom and carnage teaming up in 3 possibly harry as carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

I say bring back an old Character but dump the Spandex 80s costume.

Make him look like the scarecrow or the pin head out of hellraiser

Electro the perfect bad guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Doc Oc would be best suited, he is strong and a criminal mastermind. Also The Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure used some really class effects to animate him which made him look just as good as Green Goblin in the film.

Also about Bane in Batman & Robin, in the comic Bane was a genius who found out Batman's identity but in the film he was just a strong thug. When will scriptwriters learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mad_Patrick

Doc Oc would be cool coz he has loads of arms and you don't know where he's going to try to hit you from but I'd still like to see Carnage coz he's so cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Hi.
    I heard Sam Neil is apparently gonna play Dr. Octopus so thats my guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

How about a team up?

, Spider-man Vs Hulk

Doc Ock Controls the Hulks mind to attack Spider-man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Next Film:

Batman Vs Spiderman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Doc oc and the lizard are goin to be the villian already anounced. Sam neil is playin doc oc. They start filming in january. Doc oc was ment to be in the 1st one but for some reason it was pulled.
    There also making a superman vs. batman movie, a spider man batman movie would'nt happen (marvel own spiderman and dc own batman) and an ironman one. Think everyone heard about the hulk movie already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

God no, please not Sam Neil :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement