Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Donate

Options
  • 24-06-2002 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I noticed recently some criticism of IOFFL stemming from their apparent inability to have any appreciable effect. While I personally dont think this is entirely true (I think you have done a good job with the resources you have) I believe that with a little funding to pay for advertising you could have an even greater effect.
    I noticed recently alot of sites I have visited are using the paypal donate service since running large sites is now an expensive business (especially in Ireland:) ). Why not put a paypal donate icon up so people can give a small amount to help. Say even €5 from 100 people etc....
    It would have to be managed well and any monies recieved would have to published to keep everything above board (no pun intended).
    Maybe its a crap idea I dont know, but since others are doing I thought why not.
    Maybe we might receive enough to get a giant cat which may take care of a certain irritating mouse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This has been discussed recently Hannibal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=497524#post497524

and the posts after.

What's been decided is that the bank account details have been made available (not that they were ever a big secret) so that people can lodge money to the account for one particular need in particular.

These details are in the same thread, at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=496399#post496399

And there are no crap ideas, only...erm. OK, there are crap ideas but all input, rationally put, is always welcome. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dithean

Nise to know it was posted before.

But would it not work to everyones benifit if such knowledge was right in front of everyone's eyes?

Since it is not like everyone that comes here has been here and knows everything.

a old post in the past is not really getting information to people.

If your going to do this right then start making what is going on in a bigger form!

use this forum as a side note from a website.

Cheers

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I beleive the guys are working on updating the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Just read those threads and they have a few good ideas on them. I still think the paypal donate button is the easiest and fastest way of going about it and will reach the most people. I checked on their website with respect to withdrawing funds and apparently you can withdraw from accounts in U.S., Australian, Canadian, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hong Kong, Mexican, Japanese, Dutch, New Zealand, Norwegian, Singaporean, Spanish, Swedish, or United Kingdom but not Ireland.
    Maybe somebody who has an account in the North of Ireland or England would be useful.

Advertisement