Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sein on DVD

• 24-06-2002 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Seinfeld is coming out on DVD but there’s no release date yet it will be only the first 2 seasons but it’s a start, if you go and do a search at amazon you’ll find it there.

Elaine: you know just admitting a man is good looking doesn’t necessarily make you a homosexual
    George: It doesn’t help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Said alá Elaine...

GET OUT !!

Heck I've never seen Amazon do that kind of thing before. Maybe they're trying to get some hype going. Possibly Sony are going to examine the amount of people who use the "send me information" link on the page. Amamzon usually have promo pages with stuff like "this item will available in August 2002" but never as vague and cryptic as that!!

Here's the direct link for reference...
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLEX/qid=1024943475/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/104-1812347-0950358

I'm intrigued to say the least :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Damn when I originally saw it I thought to myself yes its finally coming out on DVD then I disocvered that its just a campaign to get it out ah well there's always hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There was a really good campaign run to get "My so-called life" on DVD. Never really my thing, but it did have Claire Danes in it so it wasn't all bad.

Whatever company had the distribution rights said they'd release a full box set if they got 1000 solid orders. When they did, they released the set, even doing a special set with one disc missing for those who had coughed up for the only season actually released on DVD.

So hopefully if enough people register with Amazon (not solid orders mind you, just "expressions of interest") they'll take note.

A season by season release would be nice. Nothing worse than those "highlight" discs when they're the only releases (or one highlight montage release, like my "Goodness Gracious Me" tape - far less funny than watching the series through, even though it was a sketch show)

Advertisement