Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tables in Dreamweaver! Damn 'n' blast!

Options
  • 24-06-2002 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo laeds :)
    Anyone got any links to advanced tables tutorials (like for navigation bars) to stop this happening or to teach someone tables in dreamweaver...

table.gif

cheers laeds :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some things to consider....

1. In Dreamweaver, for each cell, look at the properties. You'll see 'W' and 'H' fields (width and height). You can specify a height.

2. Perhaps you are annoyed that 'test' is centered in the cell? Click on the cell in dreamweaver and change 'vert' to top (vertical align). That will align the text to the top of the cell (funnily enough!). You can do the same on the "Hello..." cell.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Be careful with setting a height value, as it isn't standard HTML...
    Apart from that you could switch to the layout view which is all table based and pretty funky (at least in version 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

you could put another table of one column, one row in the "Test" cell. valign="top" and set height and width etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

The column to the right has rowspan 2.
    so when you make that cell larger, by typing a new line, it has to expand one of the two rows/cells on the left. I'm pretty sure DW picks the top one by default.

either:
    1. resize the cells (dragging) once you are finished putting in all the entries.

2. make it rowspan 3 and let the top cell of the left column remain blank

3. remonve the excess whitespace in the righthand cell.

of course I could be completely wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

here goes........

Insert a new table(1 row/2 cols) and set the width to 400. Now set the first col to 200 and the second one will be 400-200=200 automatically(altho u can set it to 200 as well)

Bingo case solved...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Dont mind the preview in dreamweaver, its not accurate. It often moves itself around, especially with tables. Its how it renders in a browser that is the most accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Keep it simple

Just use a layer it always works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

It's this simple. You set the width (height doesn't matter as much) for the table and each and everyone of it's cells

and...

Align the text to "top".

And don't use layers. They're horribly messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I have to agree with Oeneus about layers being messy. They're good for some things but when it comes to do with anything regards page layout, stick with tables. At least with tables the layout should look much the same no matter what screen resolution different people have their screen set to. I've found that with layers it may look okay on your screen but it can look all over the place on somebaody elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Cheurs laeds :)
    Fanx 4 da 'elp! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement