Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Copying SW

• 22-08-2001 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

I have that stupid Adaptec Easy CD Creator (v3.5) and I want to copy a CD. However, it claims that the CD cannot be mounted and it can offer me no view of the files inside it.

Has anyone got any clever suggestions for copying such a CD, which as you may have guessed is an audio CD.

Excelsior
    =Consto Suffragium Cussu Famina=

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I use Nero for burning all my cds, It's never burnt a bad one as long as I've had it. See if you can get a copy of it, Adaptec Easy CD creator isnt great tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tunespark make a decent burner for music, and it's freeware. You can't really do anything else on your computer while its burning though, or it won't work, but it's free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Nero and Adaptec are the two main ones. Personally Nero is the one to go for quality wise, Adaptec being the easiest to operate.

At least get your hands on a newer version of Adaptec, 5 being the latest version if I recall correctly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Is adaptec freeware, I have 3.5 is it free to upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I totally agree that you should ditch Adaptec, and use Nero. I haven't had one coaster while using it over the past few months.

But one thing I did notice is that it seems to be only burning @ 4x. My writer is an 8x4x32. The CDs I'm writing to support speeds of up to 12/16x. It starts to write @ 8x , and about 45 seconds in to the burn process it switches to 4x and says it's changing write speed due to media. WTF is that about? confused.gif

Also I wouldn't recommend you do anything else on your PC while burning is in progress. One thing that I noticed is that under commercial distro's of Windows (95/98/ME), processor scheduling is crap. Because if your modem hangs up after (t) amount of time, during which you're burning, you will be left with a coaster. So get off the and shut down everything. I wouldn't even type a Notepad document while burning on my PIII 700MHz, 128MB RAM system.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I'm actually thinking of starting some sort of modern art project w/ the pile of ruined cd's I have following Adaptec's Appalling Behaviour tongue.gif

NERO, NERO, NERO !
    The crowd roared out

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

But back to the actual problem....

Methinks you just fell foul of the latest anti-piracy attempt by Macrovision. It stops you reading encoded audio CDs on a PC. Thankfully it's rare, and you can often buy the same CD unencoded aswell. For Win9x there is a modified CDFS.VXD floating around the web that will bypass the protection. No doubt all the big burner packages will bypass it soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

adaptec can kiss my shinny metal @$$!

man it sucks! i have had nothing but problem with adaptec. im using HP sw for a HPCDburner.

j

"Why not put the match in a shark tank, with real live sharks, hungry sharks, and the only way to beat your
    opponent is to stuff them down a shark's throat and pin a shark".
    -Kurt Angle to Lilian Garcia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

use clone cd its the best http://www.elby.de/CloneCD/english/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

clone cd is the best for copying cd's but for general stuff use nero . mail me if ur in need of where to find this stuff .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

cloneCD only works to its full potential if you cdr can write raw packets, unfortunatly most cdrs just cant do it.

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

Advertisement