Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Hardware from US

• 24-06-2002 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

A while ago i read about people who would buy hardware in the US and send it over for a price. Is that still going on? if so who should i contact?

Sorry if this is wrong board.

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I don't think its worth the hassel when you look at the likes of komplett.ie

eg.
    MSI K7T-266 PRO2-RU Mainboard, Socket A
    VIAKT266A, ATA100 RAID, Sound, ATX, DDR 136 ex. VAT, 165 inc. VAT
    AMD Athlon 1.33 GHz OEM, 266 MHz bus
    Socket A (Thunderbird) Processor 98 ex. VAT, 119 inc. VAT
    DDR-DIMM PC2100 256MB DDR CL2.5
    Generic Memory 184-Pins 62 ex. VAT, 74 inc. VAT

Came to €365 including delivery 2 days later. Originally was trying to buy the same kit from States but few places would deliver internationally. delivery times were around 2-3 weeks and expensive, plus whats the comeback if the goods are damaged etc. The kit from the States ended up around the same price if not dearer. Although in saying that the € is rising aginst the dollar but highly recomend www.komplett.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

tbh its not the prices that im worried about. I can get ir VERY cheap from people i know in nl but rather that on 10th August ATI are planning to release their new card. the Radeon 9500.
    I need it asap and it wont be out in europe for at least a month but probably more which is why i thought i'd ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jackoman

The good thing about buyong from the states now is that the dollar is weakening against the euro. it is almost one to one now, which means things will be even cheaper over there. If you can get someone to send it, it is probably worth it.

Advertisement