Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First RPG you've ever completed by yourself?

Options
  • 24-06-2002 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Mine would be the secret of mana.
    I think I was 8 at the time... at it night and day, its what got me hooked on RPG's :)

Second one I completed was Mystic Quest.. about the same age at the time.

(both roms can be found @ http://www.pe2000.net )

what about you lot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zelda on Snes
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ShadowRun on the SNES (computer)
    Nightmare (the tv series game to book conversion)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Dungeon Master on the amiga500 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Pools of Radiance on the C64. That's a frightfully hard game even today...can't believe I did it when I was 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I have never completed an RPG. Short attention span, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

legend of zelda links awakening(gameboy)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss.

Loved every minute of it, and was so sick when I finished it....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ccindex

Legend of Zelda (NES)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Legend of Zelda is the first one I remember the nam eof, ther was some one on the 2600, but i cant remember its name :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Legend of Zelda links awakiening.............i think,or was it ocarina of time................ :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

links awakiening was on the gameboy and ocarina of time was on the n64 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 [niKo]

Yeah, Zelda for the SNES was my first. Man, I went a whole month without food, tv, toilet or social life playing that game. Without doubt one of the best game I've ever played (which isn't saying much, but still :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Zelda and Mystic quest on the Gameboy. Also, a few Lone Wolf books and some issues of Proteus (monthly role-playing magazine). I used to love the artwork in proteus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

zelda on ze snes, ah, so many hours of my life wasted tryin to kill tat giant pig [?]rpg's r my favourite games except for first person shootin' [:D ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Legend of Zelda on the n64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

jesus, zelda on the snes sounds like a craicin game.

*runs off to emusanet.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Ocarina of Time on N64. I made my little brother do all the temples for me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The Legend of Zelda on the Nes (not Snes :P) Still remember how to do those lost woods + mountains, up, left, up, left and then up, up, up, up, up :) Came on a smashing all gold cartridge as well.

My younger bro did zelda III in one sitting just to get 000 on the save game, he also did Super Metroid in under 1 hour(or was it 3 ? whichever gave u the special ending) and collected 100% of items in the same game, he's a bit mad at times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I think i completed Golden Axe Warrior on the MS but i can't remember
    FFVII was one im defo i cleared.
    Don't play many RPG's

Cleared Pokémon dozens of times aswell but can't remember did i have it on emu before i bought FFVII on platinum

Nearly had wonder boy but couldnt get the final armour or shoes i think it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I used to have a loathing for RPG's. That was until I actually played one. The first I played and beat was Shining Force 2 on the Megadrive. Ever since I've been hooked on RPG's and is the main reason I have 8 RPG's beside my TV ready to be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Zelda 1 on the NES. Man alive that was a brilliant game, throwing bombs everywhere to try and blow up walls and then when you eventually completed it there was a new even HARDER version with all the stuff in stupid diffcult places.

The SNES version of Zelda was one of the best games I ever played as well. Would Monkey Island 1 and 2 be classed as RPGs? Or are they adventure games? They were piss hard yokes never managed to beat Monkey Island 2 though I did manage to beat my head off the screen frequently while playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Final Fantasy8 for Playstation.

Excellent. imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Dungeon Master on my kick a$$ Atari ST 520 STFM

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Adventure" on my Vic 20....

... most of you were still in your dad's underpants :/

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Attic attack on my ZX Spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by DeVore
    "Adventure" on my Vic 20....

... most of you were still in your dad's underpants :/

DeV.

Oh christ .... me thinks I still have a vic20 tucked away somewhere

/me runs off to find it and see if he has "adventure"

Ah ... the Vic20 ... that bastion of computing on which I started my way to programming at the tender age of 9 on BASIC in-between games of "blitz" and Bongo using that 20k (yes ... 20kb) ram extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Zelda, but I can't remember which one... That's a long time ago...
    Ouah... Am I old now? I can't be, I'm still playing :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hmm...let me see ,legend of zelda: links awakening. A classic which i still have a shot at every now and again to try to get all the sea shells

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

"Wizards & Warriors 3" on the NES. It was a class game, I'd love to play it again but sold the console and games a long time ago unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Final Fantasy VII... and I was hooked forever.

A

Advertisement