Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn prob with cs

Options
  • 24-06-2002 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hello i dont know if this is the right board for this but heres me prob. I recently got isdn at home mainly for cs, and sometimes the minute i connect to a server i get disconnected and have to dial up again, and when i dial up again around 10mins into a game same thing happens.

Ive made sure that auto idle thing in dial up properties is disabled but same thing keeps happening. Weird thing is that i can browse chat , d/l pr0n what have yeah and i never get disconnected.

Ive updated my asus isdn card, reinstalled winblows 98 and same thing, so i tryd winblows me and excact same thing keeps happening. Hope yee can help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

May be it has something to do with the bandwidth ....... get intouch with your ISP and ask them why ????
    Do you have an ISDN modem or an Internet Sub account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

isdn modem, i rang eirsluts up and they said "everything is fine at there end or some crap " :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

If it's only happening when you're playing the game then it's hardly an ISP problem.
    Are you sure it's not just a "disconnect if idle" setting in Internet Options > Connections > Settings for the connection > Advanced or something like that?
    Do you have any programs open that might be causing the connection to hang up, like a mail program or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

Yeah made sure everything is normal, programs ive running are norton anti virus 2002 and thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

In the game i play you have to set your bandwidth. If its too high (or really low) then it can lose contact with the server and therefore disconnect you. See if there is a setting to increae/decrease your ingame netspeed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement