Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axl Rose is a spastic because...

Options
  • 24-06-2002 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I just want to know why Axl is the most hated man in Guns N' Roses...

(I don't think he's that bad, so I voted for the super and great option)

I hate Axl because: 20 votes

His vocals
    0% 0 votes
    His lyrics
    0% 0 votes
    His hotpants
    0% 0 votes
    His "My first karaoke" microphone
    20% 4 votes
    The way he acts onstage
    15% 3 votes
    He's just a total cvnt
    15% 3 votes
    I think he's super and great
    50% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think half the people out there like him because he's a stuck-up arrogant twat.
    But c'mon! The man has style!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    But c'mon! The man has style!
    Spandex cycling shorts anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Slash is....or rather WAS Guns n' Roses, not axl. You always remember the melodies sooner than the screeching vocals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

As much as I like Slash a lot more than Axl, I still think Axl kicks some ass. And mean he's a bloody great performer, and he couldn't care less about people taking the piss, which I admire him for.

I mean, you wouldn't see me walking in hotpants in the house, yet he does it infront of millions of people. He's got guts, man!

Come on, you have to give the guy credit. I mean himself and his brothers and sisters got beaten and f*cked up the ass when they were kids by someone who turned out not to be their father.

"His 'My first Karaoke' Microphone" - I'm not following

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by SYL
    Slash is....or rather WAS Guns n' Roses, not axl. You always remember the melodies sooner than the screeching vocals.

I disagree. I think the two of them were Guns N Roses, great melodies, and great singing\lyrics. Alos, hiw voice is one of the most unique in the business. There's very few people who don't know who GNR are.
    Excellent frontman, and an excellent singer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Whilst I voted for him as a "total cvnt", I do have to agree with Dr.Loon

He was an outstanding frontman, a total performer, and part of the duo that made GnR.

BUT .. offstage, he was a total dickhead prima-donna.

I actually find that alot of people of my generation (15-19) don't know who GnR are.

But I find if I go to a friends house or something I end up getting in huge conversations with their parents about GnR. Strange eh?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I concur with your very subtle statement Lemming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Did you know Axl Rose is an anagram for Oral Sex, sorry just another useless fact

/me hangs head in shame and wonders off

Yes...I read that somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

Originally posted by Oeneus

"His 'My first Karaoke' Microphone" - I'm not following

Just one of the complaints I heard about him, if you watch Use Your Illusion 1 video, you'll see he is singing into this huge blue and white tacky microphone...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Who gives a fúck what his microphone looked like!! Jesus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Its not that i think hes super and great, he was a plonker besacuse he was self obsessed, but an amazing songwriter, so i said super and great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Um.... MANY people in the industry (including Zakk Wylde) love Axl. On a personal basis. The sad fact is, he wants to run the band and make it adhere strictly to his vision... It's called Guns N' ROSES for godsake! People should've known he thought of it as HIS band... And you can't blame the guy. He's a terrific performer, a lunatic <literally> offstage (what with the living alone in a big mansion out of the worlds eye), and he's spent the last 7 years chilling with big celebrities in a studio making average music <i mean, chinese democracy is alright, but nothing special>.

Gotta respect that. So yeah, he may be a psycho if you've got to work with him, but otherwise he's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

sure look at him there... need we say more....
    Axl.jpg

Apparently what has been heard from the Chinese Democracy Album from the Vegas and Rio shows is only the beginning.

Brian May said himself in an interview that Chinese Democracy is going to be well worth the 8 year wait.

Originally posted by rumpelstiltskin

Just one of the complaints I heard about him, if you watch Use Your Illusion 1 video, you'll see he is singing into this huge blue and white tacky microphone...

Oh FFS! It's only a bloody Microphone! Anyway, back then that Mic was probably state of the art. It was WIRELESS!

You can't judeg someone because they're mic looked camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 skitso

axl may be a bit gay but he has a life that all of you would love to have.Apart from the fact he was raped by his father at the age of 7 which he has admitted to happening.

Originally posted by skitso
    axl may be a bit gay...

Wasn't he a homophobic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 skitso

Originally posted by Oeneus

Wasn't he a homophobic?

Probably after what his farther did to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

who'd blame him after that

i loved his microphone stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I'd love to know what his style is now. Red shorts with the rollin pin down the front? I also wonder has his Hair implants rooted yet. They are the main reason why there has been a 8 year wait.

At the time thry where a class act but i find them embrassing to listen to now. I rebrought Use your Illusions I & II recently and was disappointed by them. I hadn't heard them since my school days and i was shocked how bad it was. But then again i have progessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Bah GNR are ****ing excellent,I listen to Appitite nearly everyday.
    They wrote some great tracks,made some great videos and were real Rock N Roll..like recording an album..breaking into the studio afterwerds...stealing all the equipment..selling it for heroin..

Rockin :)

nem

Um... whether you like the band is a matter of taste. Personally I love GNR, and Slash's Snakepit, and the Lenny Kravitz songs that Slash played on... <a pattern can be seen no?>

Axl was a homophobe in some regards... I'm sure he wasn't too much of one (it's kinda hard to be when you put on make-up and the occasional high heeled boots... y'know the whole 80's thing?)... but his homophobic comments in One In A Million were somewhat true of his feelings, but that was all due to his father. <the rest of the song was just a big p1ss take of modern life... not really true, but also not just a joke>

There was a reprint of a classic interview with him in Classic Rock a good few months back... And he was fat last year, but supposedly has lost most of it now. And that be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Apparently he wont be seen in public because his hair transplants messed up leaving him scarred. I dunno how true this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

What actually happened to GnR, i heard axl still fronts them alas with all new members, someone elaborate.
    Whats Slash up to now?

Axl and Dizzy Reed Are the only remaining original members. 3 new guitarists, A guy called Buckethead, Paul Tobias who played rhythem on the "Sympathy for the Devil" track in 1994 and Robin Finck from NIN. A new bass player and a Drummer named Brain previously of Primus I think.

They are due to have a new album released called "Chinese Democracy" due out sometime late this year we hope.

Slash isn't doing much right now. But he has been recording with Izzy Stradlin (ex. GnR guitarist) for Izzy's next solo album which is due out this August. And Slash also got married in October, then toured with Ronnie Wood (and played in Dublin at some stage). And his wife is due to have a baby sometime in September.

ACTUALLY... Dizzy Reed wasn't an original member (he popped up for Use Your Illusion). And Buckethead is also gone.

Not sure who lead guitarist is right now... must check that actually...

And Slash has put out 2 albums since GNR (and toured with a further act). His new group is Slash's Snakepit (actually he formed them in 95 shortly BEFORE he left GNR). Their last album (actually their second) came out a year or two back and is called "Ain't Life Grand". Get it. It's class. Supposedly Slash stopped the snakepit, but last thing i heard was that he was working on new material with them... so... i dunno.

Duff has a solo career too. He also helped co-write a Snakepit song (actually 2 i think, but i can't quite remember) on their first album "It's Five O Clock Somewhere"

Izzy, as mentioned earlier has a solo career too. If anyone knows any shops that stock any of Duff's stuff, let me know ok?

Yeah... Steve Adler (original drummer who was kicked out for being unable to kick alcohol and heroin) has a biography due sometime (called No Bed Of Roses) and has been in and out of rehab more than Nikki Sixx! I think I heard he was jamming with someone a while back, but I don't think he's actually part of anything right now.

Matt Sorum is gone too (second drummer that came in for Use Your Illusion). He, like Adler, is suing GNR for ruining his career. HA!

Buckethead actually has some solo albums out (again, i haven't been able to get my hands on these) but he's gone so he's not important (unless he came back).

Some of the new line up GNR stuff can be heard on the End Of Days soundtrack, which has one song by them... And check out some bootlegs from Rock In Rio 3 or the House of Blues performances to see their new material (and their old). Don't ask me for any of these - i don't have any. But I can say that I grudgingly admit, the last line-up I heard (with buckethead et al) was great.

Oh, and Brian May amongst others was involved in Chinese Democracy, which has HUNDREDS of songs written for it <well... i think the number is about 70> and so now it's just up to Axl to be decisive. The t-shirts have been out for it for a few years, which just shows you how delayed it is... but they're supposedly playing Leeds <yeah right>. If they uphold this commitment though, who knows? They might have the album out by next year....

Originally posted by lordsippa
    ACTUALLY... Dizzy Reed wasn't an original member (he popped up for Use Your Illusion).

I don't mean to be a nitpicker but...:D...he was the first GNR keyboard player, therefore he's an original. :D
    Originally posted by lordsippa
    Yeah... Steve Adler (original drummer who was kicked out for being unable to kick alcohol and heroin) has a biography due sometime (called No Bed Of Roses)

Is this the one being written by Stevie's mother?

• Advertisement

Um... I'm gonna study up on pre-Dizzy gigs and see if Axl tapped a keyboard in any of them...

And anyway, THE original GNR was always considered the appetite crew... if a band gets an extra guitarist between albums is he considered an original band member? HA!

oh... and i thought his best friend was writing it... but i can't remember.... been a while since i've read bout it.

Advertisement