Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&d

Options
  • 25-06-2002 5:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Thanks to being stuck in america until August I've discovered something... D&D is the equivalent to taking all you love about role playing and then stabbing it to death with a big pencil. GRR!

My adoration of the sport of gentlemen and nerds is slowly waning due to stupid americans and their stupid system of boring people... GRR!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Uhhhh,whats D&d? it helps to name things like this in a thread... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pugsley wrote
    Uhhhh,whats D&d? it helps to name things like this in a thread...

Well since this is the ROLEPLAYING section of Board's.ie, my guess would be that D&D stands for Dungeon's and Dragon's since that's the game that pretty much started off ROLEPLAYING for at least 99% of the world's ROLEPLAYERS.

But it also describe's you Pugsly pretty well as in DUMB & DUMBER :)

Here's a little taste of ROLEPLAYING

You arrive in a fabulious new forum.There are various posts made sticky to indcate there importance.One with the title Announcement: General Informaton jumps out over the other's.It seem's to be important.what do you wish to do?

Iv alway's belived there where no stupid question's,BUT THERE ARE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

ROFL

<sigh> finally found a use for the game then... hehehe...

But seriously, why is it such a popular system when most of the others are easier, more sensical, and more FUN! Ok, so it's that bit more in-depth, but that means that all of a sudden you're following along a completely book set path. It's not so much fun when you can look up everything and the DM can't surprise you. ... ok, so there are some DM's who are better than that, but I'm stuck in America so I'm sure you can understand <all american slurs are made for the sake of humour... please do not chase me down and burn me>...

I move we all play White Wolf / Chaosium / Steve Jackson systems from now on.

And any other fun ones that pop up. Like World Tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I know that dungeons and dragons is simplified to D&D. but he made had no relevent material in his post that could mean he is talking abut D&D, there are many other games out there starting with D&D.......
    And your mindless blethering is not required venom,a simple answer to a simple question is sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

After playing NWN nights a bit I dont like the 3rd edition rules much, but the 2nd edition rules were fun.

• Advertisement

Oh god, the D&D system is by far the best system ever invented for computers (with neccessary tweaking of course)... but try playing pen and paper. Brr...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

If you must know the truth about D&D have a listen to this mp3,
    http://www.iol.ie/~slaanesh/d&d.mp3
    Very funny ! :)

Slaan.

I will check that out... when i'm home. in august... d'oh.

BUT for a quick change in direction... who remembers the D&D cartoon and wishes that the (frankly dire) movie could've been a spinoff of that?

And yes i do know the BG2 nod to the cartoon <back of the adventurers mart, the two big pictures were 2 of the hero's from the cartoon>.

Advertisement