Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So she tells you that she loves you...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by koneko

You sure about that WWM? Heh.

oh. suits you sir....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advice.

I am somewhat surprised by the number of people who have, one way or another, expressed the opinion that it's better for me to "get out now". Are there many people here who disagree with this? Please post, cos the overwhelming pessimism is worrying me a bit.

I guess I can't describe every little detail of our relationship in a couple of posts, but I thought I did a pretty good job considering. That's why I am surprised by the seemingly majority advice of "give it up".

That said, you pessimists may be right, who knows? (Well, I guess I will, in a couple of months time).

Again, thanks for your help, whatever your opinion, and for the interesting anecdotes.

Unreg Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its unfair to drag your girlfriend half way across the country if you find out in a months time that you dont love her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no matter how bad your girlfriend might feel after you break up with her, imagine how she will feel in a couple of months when hse finds out that you'd been lying to her and pretending that you were happy.

got out of a relationship that wasnt making me happy, i'm still wracked with guilt over it because i just feel that I should have done something else, should have tried harder, etc, but in all honesty no matter what regrets I have and how bad a situation I left the other person in, I needed to get out, it was destroying me from inside.

sometimes you have to weigh up everything, figure out if you're happy in the relationship and if it's worth another few weeks or months, and then decide.

don't let what people say here make up your mind for you, if you are happy enough and think you can work it out then do, and be happy.

Advertisement