Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get RTE :(

• 25-06-2002 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys,

I'm posting this just incase anyone has come across a similar situation:

My Irish Sky box shows all the subscription channels correctly e.g. Sky Sports, but everytime I go to RTE et al, I get the error message:
    For your information 08: This program is not available

Any ideas as what to do would be appreciated. I've reset the box, and got Sky to resend the activation signal, but still no joy. (The box, a new Pace one, was bought separately)

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Kurt,

Are you getting the UK channels. A few rare cases have been mentioned here of Irish subscribers who end up with the UK EPG - i.e. they get all the BBC's TV and Radio, ITV and ITV 2, C4, C5 etc., but not RTE?

Or is it that you get neither?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dekurt

Thanks for the reply Genghis,

Unfortunately I'm not getting the UK channels e.g. BBC (they aren't on the EPG). RTE and the rest are showing up in the EPG, but I cannot view them. I've already spoken to someone who had the same problem, and they cured it by resetting the box. Maybe I'll need to send the box back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

What error are you getting on 214 and 215? Is it the same as RTÉ?

Thanks Damo,

Channel 214 (showing up as BBC ONE NI on the EPG) is displaying the same error.

Channel 215 (showing up as BBC 2 NI on the EPG) is being displayed NP.

Are I right in thinking that Sky think I'm in the North?

Thanks very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

How long do you have it installed?

If you have it less than 24 hours, it can take that long for BBC 1 NI to appear.

HTH,

Damo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

try tuning in the UK channels on Other Channels

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ring Sky Tech Support and tell them what's wrong. They'd be able to sort it out from their end. IIRC, something to do with the way the card was activated. IE it didn't do so properly.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I was at my nerve's end :D

My hat goes off to Damo, in the end RTE did appear. After a peculiar run of events, it turns out that the digibox was switched off overnight from the mains (having been activated about 12 hours previously), and switched on before I checked it again in the morning! After the second activation from Sky, noting had changed. Quite simply, the box just needed to be left on :rolleyes:

Many thanks,

Kurt

p.s. todays lesson: keep women away from electronic goods :D:D

Advertisement