Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows xp help

• 24-08-2001 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

anyone try it yet?

Loaded it yesterday and it looks fairly sweet...but a few problems.

Does any of the Detonator 3 drivers work yet?
    Does opengl work?

Is she stableat all yet or what...

only thing i really care about is will CS work - and i couldnt get it working unless i used Direct3d...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Does any of the Detonator 3 drivers work yet?</font>

Not too sure about the det drivers but it comes with standard geforce drivers built in.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Does opengl work?</font>

Yes.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Is she stableat all yet or what...</font>

Depends on what build you illegally obtained. Don't warez software and expect it to be stable.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">only thing i really care about is will CS work - and i couldnt get it working unless i used Direct3d...
    </font>

Running perfectly here with a geforce2 in opengl.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I'm fairly sure it has the 12.41 drivers in by default (info from Overclockers Australia). You can always use the 2K 14.60 drivers (and Detonator 4's, when they come out).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Or alternatively get Win2k and the Object Desktop Package from stardock to skin it into XP land. Saves a lot of hassle... smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:

Is she stableat all yet or what...</font>

Depends on what build you illegally obtained. Don't warez software and expect it to be stable.

[/B]

Back the Fúck off logic. I see someone pi$$ed in yer cornflakes again...

ever here of Microsoft release canidates? rc1 to be exact?
    ever here of Microsoft Solution Partners that get software months before muppets like u?

look before u leap u fool.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:

Back the Fúck off logic. I see someone pi$$ed in yer cornflakes again...
    </font>

Hey idiot glad to see your not dead yet.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ever here of Microsoft release canidates? rc1 to be exact?</font>

What have release candidates got to do with anything? Besides the fact that RC1 is now out of date and we're a few builds past RC2.
    In fact RTM might be today.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ever here of Microsoft Solution Partners that get software months before muppets like u?</font>

Solution partners don't get releases by default. Only registered betas and QA which are different.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">look before u leap u fool.</font>

Well seeing as how I work as a Beta Tester and have been working on XP since Alpha stages I think your the one should look before you leap you silly little boy.

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oooooooh!
    biatch fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

*gets camcorder*

having a bad day logic? how many fights u get into on the borards today? saw one over on admin earlier thast how i knew ur cornflakes were yellow-coloured.

i do get rc1's by default m8, so clue in. u dont know everything.

...at least if ur fighting on the boards u arent running little old ladies down in crosswalks...have a good weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Oooo, look, someone's kindly put a nice little 'E-Mail' link above every post. How nice. Now if we could just get people to use them...

rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

damn, missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

anyone try it yet?

Loaded it yesterday and it looks fairly sweet...but a few problems.

Does opengl work?
    </font>

i dont think this applies to you but there was a build a while ago that had openGL/Direct3D disabled.

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

having a bad day logic? how many fights u get into on the borards today? saw one over on admin earlier</font>

Unlike you I don't consider a discussion an argument. I've past puberty long ago.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">thast how i knew ur cornflakes were yellow-coloured.</font>

All corn flakes are yellow coloured. And I don't eat them.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">i do get rc1's by default m8, so clue in. u dont know everything.</font>

It's only possible to have one RC1 so I don't see how you could get several RC1's. You obviously don't know anything.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">...at least if ur fighting on the boards u arent running little old ladies down in crosswalks...have a good weekend.</font>

Aren't "crosswalks" an idiotic American term not used in Ireland?. They obviously have them in whatever backwater your from.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:
    Aren't "crosswalks" an idiotic American term not used in Ireland?. They obviously have them in whatever backwater your from.

.logic.
    </font>

You might be thinking of "sidewalks". Why what is the non-english term for a crosswalk?

I believe crosswalks are the American equivalent to zebra crossings and/or crossings controlled by lights which can be activated by pedestrians?

.logic.

La---oooo--ser

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement