Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA3: Getting to Shoreside Vale Early

Options
  • 25-06-2002 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at [niKo]'s (the Dodo flying maestro) GTA3 FAQ. He asked:
    Q - Can i go to Seashore Vale by boat even if im not done with Staunton island?

and concluded that you could not.

In fact, you can. Perhaps this is not well known (I came up with it myself) so I'll post it here:

Get a fast boat like the police cruiser. There's a piece of ground on the hospital end of Staunton Island, facing Portland. You can easily ramp the boat up onto the road. Keeping an eye on the boat so that it doesn't dissappear, jack a van or something like that and push the boat pass Phil Cassidy's (Arms Shortage) place and the infamous pipe. Let it fall gently into the water. Hop in. Go visit Staunton.

Not too difficult. I had to take three atempts at it, once the boat flipped over and I couldn't right it, once it disappeared when I turned my back on it too long, third time a charm.

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Donald Love sends you to Shoreside first i think.Your introduced to him through Ray the police informant.Therefore you can skip doing Kenjis missions,head for Rays,then Donald and on to shoreside.However if you kill Kenji for Donald you cannot complete Kenjis missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

You could also try Low Grav cheat and just ramp that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 [niKo]

Tank flying cheat does it as well. Heck, you can get to Shoreside Vale as soon as you finish the very first mission of the game in Portland by flying over with the tank. Although I consider this to be excessively lame ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Aye, I guess it's just important to me to do it without using any cheats. This way you can do it as soon as you get to Staunton.

Advertisement