Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this ram work with this motherboard?

• 24-08-2001 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I'm going about picking out the componants for my new pc and I've hit a bit of a brick wall where ram is concerned. I'm thinking about getting an ASUS A7V266 KT266 DDR mobo and I'm not sure what type of ram i can get for it. The specs say "3 DIMM slots support up to 3GB PC1600/PC2100 DDR SDRAM". Will this support PQI 512MB PC133 ram? The caption for this in o/c is
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> 512MB DIMM of super-fast PQI PC133 memory. Please note - this memory will only work if not mixed with other brands and/or sizes and is only compatible with motherboards using the following chipsets - SiS 730, VIA KT133 (KT7, KT7-RAID, A7V), VIA KT133A (KT7A, KT7A-RAID, A7V-133, KK266-R). These restrictions apply only to PQI 512MB, not other sizes</font>
    Also the full specs of my motherboard can be found at http://www.asus.com.tw/products/motherboard/ddr266/a7v266/index.html

Comments

Advertisement