Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with MGS 2 on PS2 (EU)

Options
  • 25-06-2002 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

It simply will not read the disk, the console has never had a problem and never taken a knock of any sort, i have returned the copy to the shop on three seperate occasions and have been given new ones, Still no joy every other game works without a problem :(

Anyone else had this problem or heard of it that can offer a solution, thanks in advance.

Samba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I think I read about this on some website like Gamespot.co.uk or something. Its to do with your playstation itself. If you bought it when it came out ie. when it was just released, some newer games will have trouble working on it. Not sure why because I wasn't paying attention reading it, but its something to do with the software version on the machine. So essentially, if its an older model, you'll get gyp with it, but people will have no problems with the newer one's.
    Try the game on a friends machine if they have one you can use, and see does it work???????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I have the same problem with my machine (its a jap first release). I don't kmow why some of my games have trouble, but i have noticed that the ones with a large TOC always give me hassle... that includes MGS2, devil may cry, dead or alive 2.
    Strangely enough tho, cleaning the lens with normal lens cleaner always makes it run fine again, well for a few days anyway.
    Don't know why, it runs every other game fine all the time....... i blame god cos i can't find a useful correlation between a dirty lens and the size of the TOC.

Just open the machine (invalidates the warranty) and clean the lens, all you need is a normal philips head screw driver for the outer case and a smaller head philips for the DVD drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

cheers for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

You should thank your lucky stars that peice of tat of a game dosent run on your machine.Perhaps your machine knows how bad Mgs2 is and is just refusing to run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

MGS2 is a great game. Granted, it's short and you'll probably never play it again once you've completed it, but while it's lasts, it's great fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement